|Page (1) of 1 - 04/19/11||email article||print page|
SlideRocket Presentation Index Reveals Mobile Madness and Sensory StimulationData Shows a 640% Growth in Mobile Presentation Views With iPhone Leading the Pack; Presentations With Audio and Video Boost Viewer Engagement (April 19, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/19/11 -- New data released today from SlideRocket confirms that professionals are increasingly relying on mobile devices and demand access to presentations anytime, anywhere. According to the SlideRocket Presentation Index, mobile presentation views have skyrocketed in 2011 with a 640 percent increase. Now, one in every ten presentations is viewed on a mobile device with iPhone as the top choice. The data also shows that adding audio and video components to presentations dramatically improves viewer attention.
Presentations are the most commonly used business tool, second only to email, yet many remain static, one-way communications. The SlideRocket Presentation Index uncovers emerging trends in how presentations are being reinvented and new ways professionals are interacting with this critical business application:
Mobile Madness - With more than 302 million active mobile accounts in the US today(1), business has officially broken out of the office walls and is taking critical applications along for the ride.
- iPhone vs. Android - Mobile presentation adoption has skyrocketed in the past three months alone and is predicted to continue its acceleration. iPhone leads the device pack in mobile presentation adoption with the highest number of total views (39 percent) in Q1 2011, followed closely by iPad (37 percent) and then Android (24 percent). However, don't count Android out. While this platform brings up the rear in total presentation views, Android leads the pack in rate of growth for presentation viewing, clocking in an impressive 789 percent growth in Q1.
- Hit the road, Jack! SlideRocket recently conducted a survey of professionals on mobile and business trends. The results show that the vast majority (90 percent) spend more time pitching outside the office, including meetings, tradeshows and social events, than inside the office walls.
- So long PC, Hello tablet! According to the survey results, 32 percent of professionals currently use a smartphone or tablet as their primary computing device. By 2012, 57 percent of professionals expect to use a smartphone or tablet as their primary computing device.
- Where have you done it? SlideRocket asked SXSWi 2011 conference attendees to share the most unique presentation locations. Responses include bed, bathroom, massage table, horseback, hair salon and ski lift.
Addicted to Interactivity - Audio and visual components are essential to capturing and maintaining an audience's attention throughout a presentation. Studies show that information retention nearly doubles with images versus text only.(2)
- Can you hear me now? The SlideRocket Presentation Index shows that a near perfect 98 percent of presentations with audio are viewed to the end.
- As Seen on YouTube - The Index also shows that presentations with video are viewed nearly 20 percent longer than those without.
SlideRocket gives professionals the tools they need to present, engage and persuade in any setting. The SlideRocket HTML5 mobile player powers stunning presentations anywhere, from any device, enabling mobile professionals to deliver the perfect pitch with smooth transitions, crystal clear videos and animations that stay true to design. SlideRocket's interactive capabilities like audio, video, rich media and instant feedback capture the audience's attention, regardless of time or location.
"At Arkovi, our team of sales and marketing executives are on the road more than in the office. From business meetings to tradeshows, we rely on SlideRocket to present to prospects and investors no matter where we are," said Blane Warrene, CEO of Arkovi. "With SlideRocket and our iPads, we can give a great presentation on the spot and immediately send it without having to wait until we get back to the office -- just open, present and share, whether we're in a boardroom or a coffee bar."
"The SlideRocket Presentation Index underscores the growing mobile nature of business. Presentations no longer take place with someone standing in front of a roomful of people, it's about telling your story when it's most convenient, anytime on any device," said Chuck Dietrich, CEO of SlideRocket. "As mobility is reinventing business, SlideRocket is reinventing presentations to help businesses tell their story and connect with their audiences."
(1) CTIA Wireless "Semi-Annual Wireless Industry Survey," March 22, 2011
(2) Najjar, LJ (1998) Principles of educational multimedia user interface design (via Brain Rules by John Medina, 2008)
About the Survey
SlideRocket conducted the online mobile survey in April 2011 with 250 business professionals responding.
SlideRocket reinvents presentations by bringing big ideas to life, engaging audiences and driving business. The platform promotes influential story telling through interactive capabilities like audio, rich media and instant feedback that elevate meetings, regardless of time or location. In addition, the measurement analytics provide dynamic sales tools and unmatched customer insight. With SlideRocket you can quickly and easily create and deliver stunning presentations with quantifiable results. For more information, please visit http://www.sliderocket.com
Borders + Gratehouse for SlideRocket
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: SlideRocket, Presentations, sales and marketing tool, business communication tool, Communications, Digital Audio, Smart Phone, iPods, iphone, iPad, Sales, Applications, Marketing, Sales Tools, Sales & Marketing, Internet, Business Issues, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Sales, Sales, Pro AV, Presentors, Business, Marketing, PDA/Smartphone, Business Issues, Presentation, Marketing, People, Events, email, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Business, Email, Business Professionals,