|Page (1) of 1 - 12/12/11||email article||print page|
Slice Simplifies Gift-Giving With New "Track With Friends" FeatureLet Loved Ones Know a Gift Is on the Way This Holiday Season, Without Ruining the Surprise (December 12, 2011)
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/11 -- Slice today widely launched its Track With Friends feature that gives shoppers a new way to let loved ones know when a special delivery is on the way. Just in time for the holidays, Slice now lets you send customized emails to anyone you've bought a gift for online, so you can let them know that a package is headed their way and when it's scheduled to arrive, without giving away the contents of the delivery. Slice's Track With Friends feature allows online shoppers to personalize their email notifications with custom gift-wrapping to reflect the holidays and personal messages while including practical information such as tracking numbers and optional product details.
Slice is a free online shopping organizational service that works by automatically pulling information from the electronic receipts in your email -- including shipping notifications, tracking numbers, return policies and customer service information -- and compiling all the relevant data in one place for quick, easy reference.
"The holidays are hectic enough without having to worry about whether your gifts made it to their final destination," said Scott Brady, CEO and co-founder of Slice. "You don't want to ruin the surprise by asking your loved ones if a package has arrived, but you also want to make sure nothing gets lost in transit. Track With Friends eliminates that awkward situation by letting you send a thoughtful note along with useful shipment information, all wrapped up in a festive bow."
Available as an app for the iPhone, as a standalone Web service, and through the All My Purchases application in Yahoo! Mail, Slice simplifies your shopping by eliminating some common hassles:
- Shipments taking their sweet time? We track all your in-progress shipments on a single map as they make their way to your front door, with detailed information about the contents of the package, not just where it's coming from.
- Did your gift make it? Our notifications let you know when a purchase has shipped and when it gets delivered, so you're never left wondering.
- Want to return something? Slice keeps a copy of all your electronic receipts for easy access in case you need them. Slice also provides you with often hard-to-find return and customer service information. Returns made simple.
- Purchase info hard to find in your cluttered inbox? Slice consolidates your shopping history in one place so you don't have to log into multiple websites, dig through receipts or manually file emails. From large retailers and daily deal sites to mom-and-pop online shops, we've got you covered.
- Where's all your money going? We provide purchase details beyond what's provided in your credit card statement, showing you exactly what you bought down to the individual item, not just where you bought it.
Slice provides the simplest way to organize your purchases, saving you time and money. Slice automatically pulls information from electronic receipts in your inbox and makes it easy to track the progress of your orders, take advantage of price adjustments and see everything you've bought, all in one place. Based in Palo Alto, CA, Slice is privately held with funding from DCM, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Michael Birch, FLOODGATE, Innovation Endeavors (Eric Schmidt), and Rick Thompson. For more information, visit www.goslice.com.
Tessa Greenwood or Sara Suddes
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: e-commerce, electronic receipts, digital receipts, online shopping, Marketwire, , Apple Computer, Shipping, Internet Technology, Email,