|Page (1) of 1 - 03/02/11||email article||print page|
Skyfire Launches 3.0 Version of its Popular iPhone Browser with Deep Facebook Integration(March 02, 2011)
Mountain View, CA (Vocus/PRWEB) March 02, 2011
Today Skyfire, maker of the award-winning mobile browser, has announced the release of Skyfire 3.0 for iPhone its highly anticipated next-generation browser with Facebook Connect integration. This newest version delivers to iPhone users the same highly acclaimed social media features currently available on Skyfire for the Android platform.
The world's smartest mobile browser is now also its most social; Skyfire 3.0 for iPhone integrates Facebooks social graph and Like Button into every webpage. With a single click, users can check their Facebook Page, Like or share any Internet content, see content recommended by their friends, and view rich multimedia and links posted by friends.
Skyfire for iPhone and Skyfire for iPad are among the most popular apps in the Apple App Store, and have been downloaded over 1.5 million times since launching in November 2010. Earlier versions of Skyfire featured the SkyBar, a cloud-powered toolbar that allows users to watch video, view related content, and easily share content with friends. With Skyfire 3.0, the browser takes social integration to the next level, by integrating Facebook directly into the SkyBar.
Skyfire 3.0 for iPhone makes for the most compelling mobile browsing experience to date, said Jeff Glueck, CEO of Skyfire. This latest iteration leverages the cloud to not only streamline playback of rich multimedia including Flash video but also to seamlessly integrate your social graph into the browser.
New Features in Skyfire 3.0 for iPhone include:
· More Video Enhanced capability to give you more video designed for Adobe Flash Player from more sites. Flash videos will be optimized for your device and network, giving you smooth video playback, and (for users on capped or tiered data plans) saving you bandwidth and money.
· Popular Content Our favorite new feature; instantly see what content on any given site is most popular with your friends and within the Facebook community. Recommendations from friends are prioritized and show up at the top of the list.
· Fireplace Feed Reader A simple but addictive tool that provides a filtered list of your Facebook feed that includes links to web pages, images, and videos posted by your Facebook friends. A great place to start for browsing.
· Facebook Portal Integration With a single touch you have access to your Facebook feed, profile and fast-growing location service Places. No need to switch between apps.
· Facebook Like Button Skyfire 3.0 puts the Facebook Like Button on everypage of the Internet. No scrolling around searching for the button on the page, simply click on the SkyBar Like Button to easily like or unlike the page you are viewing.
· Skyfire OneTouch Search Enter a single search term and choose between Google, Video (from VideoSurf), or Wikipedia with a single touch without the need to navigate to separate sites.
Note: Facebook and the Like Button are registered trademarks owned by Facebook Inc in the United States and/or other countries. Skyfire 3.0 with Facebook Connect is not affiliated with Facebook but is authorized by Facebook to use the Facebook Connect trademark. Adobe and Flash are registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Download Skyfire for iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skyfire-web-browser/id384941497?mt=8
Skyfire is dedicated to using cloud computing to improve multimedia experiences on mobile phones, and has created the first Compression as a Service (CAAS) offering for wireless carriers and device makers. Skyfires technology has been visible to consumers through the Skyfire browser app, which has enabled Skyfire to refine its technology with millions of users. The app was named the #2 App of All-Time for Android by TechCrunch, and was the top pick in a PC World September 2010 comparison of all Android browsers. Skyfire won the Best Mobile Application-Peoples Voice at the 2009 Webby Awards and was named a Top App of 2009 by the New York Times Gadgetwise. Skyfires iPhone browser, launched in November 2010, quickly reached the top selling app rank on the Apple App StoreSM, as the first way for iOS users to access videos designed for the Adobe Flash PlayerTM. Skyfire was recently recognized by Light Reading as the #4 StartUp to watch in 2011. Skyfire is based in Mountain View, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley. For more information, visit http://www.skyfire.com, or follow Skyfire on Twitter at twitter.com/skyfire.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/3/prweb8174350.htm.
Related Keywords:computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, computer crime, mass media, news media, media, social security, social sciences, social issue, social issues (general), social conditions, social problems, social services, social conflict