|Page (1) of 1 - 07/11/11||email article||print page|
Sky Go Launches as Customers Get Even Better Value from SkySubscription prices frozen for 10 million customers for at least 12 months (July 11, 2011)
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 07/11/11 -- Sky has today unveiled two new ways for customers to get more value and enjoyment from their subscription. First, and at no extra charge, customers can now watch live TV on the move with the launch of Sky Go, a new service which has launched for laptops, PCs and Macs and will roll out on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in time for the beginning of the Premier League football season. Second, Sky is freezing its subscription prices until at least September 2012 to give customers peace of mind at a time when many other household bills are on the rise. Both moves are part of Sky's commitment to ensure that customers get great value from their subscription and to create more reasons to choose Sky.
Available to all 10 million Sky TV customers, Sky Go brings together a range of channels, including all five Sky Sports channels, in one simple to use package. Customers can register up to two Sky Go devices to watch a selection of the live TV channels they get as part of their TV subscription, so there's no need to miss the action while they're out and about. With Sky Go, you'll be able to catch the latest news headlines on the bus home, enjoy every Test Match ball at your desk, or see the winning putt on the final green as you wait in the check-out queue.
Sky Go is the latest in a series of moves to add more value to the Sky subscription and give customers even more reasons to join or stay with Sky. In the last year alone Sky customers have benefited from a wide range of enhancements to their Sky subscription, at no extra charge. These include:
More great content:
- Sky Atlantic - home to epic shows such as Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire and Mildred Pierce, Sky Atlantic launched free and exclusive to all Sky customers in February 2011 and has already become one of their favourite channels.
- Sky Living - since it became part of the Sky family of channels, customers are benefitting from a 25% increase in Sky Living's programme spend.
- More British programmes - after the success of programmes such as Mad Dogs, The Runaway, Got to Dance and the BAFTA-winning Flying Monsters 3D, Sky will increase investment in original British content by 50% over the next three years. This means more great entertainment, drama, arts, comedy and documentaries, as well as on-going innovation in sports and news coverage.
More great innovation:
- Sky Anytime+ - Customers with Sky Broadband now have access to a huge library of TV on demand at no extra monthly cost, including, for Sky Movies subscribers, more than 500 movies to watch whenever they like.
- Sky 3D - available on a bonus basis to Sky World HD customers since October 2010, Sky 3D is Britain's only 3D TV channel, offering great movies, live sport and award-winning arts and documentaries.
- Sky News for iPad - one of the most innovative and highly-rated news apps, Sky News for iPad is available to all Sky TV customers for free.
- Sky+HD 1 Terabyte box - now available to existing Sky TV customers for as little as GBP 49 when upgrading to Sky's HD service online via sky.com.
Today Sky is also confirming that customers will continue to enjoy all this great content and innovation for the next year without any increase to their Sky subscription price. In recognition of the tough economic conditions affecting many customers, Sky is freezing subscription prices across all TV, broadband and talk products for at least 12 months from 1st September 2011. All of Sky's existing 10 million customers will benefit from the price freeze, as will all new customers who join before 31st August 2011.
Andrea Zappia, Managing Director of Sky's Customer Group, comments:
"We're committed to keep innovating so that our customers enjoy the best possible entertainment experience. Sky Go is just the latest example of how we're giving people a better choice of programmes combined with better ways to watch.
"As a business fortunate enough to reach more than one in three homes in the UK, we know the economy is tough for customers and we want to help at a time when many household bills are going up. With subscription prices frozen for at least a year, our customers can look forward to getting more than ever from Sky."
Corporate Communications Manager
0207 805 8829
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Sky TV, huge library of TV on demand, broadband and talk, Mac,OS9,OSX,Marketwire,Apple Computer,Sports,Television,Business,Entertainment,Sports,england,Family,Other,