|Page (1) of 1 - 04/02/09||email article||print page|
Simba Technologies Launches New ODBC SDK for Custom ODBC Driver Development(April 02, 2009)
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/02/09 -- Simba Technologies Inc., industry's choice for standards-based relational and multi-dimensional data connectivity solutions, announced today the release of SimbaEngine ODBC SDK 7.7. SimbaEngine ODBC SDK is the proven solution for quickly and easily implementing custom ODBC, JDBC, OLE DB and .NET data connectivity to proprietary, relational and non-relational data sources. This latest release includes many anticipated enhancements like support for the ODBC 3.52 data standard, Unicode and 64-bit clients.
"SimbaEngine ODBC SDK 7.7 is our fastest, most feature-rich SDK to date," said Dermot MacCarthy, Simba's ODBC Product Manager. "This release greatly extends many key features. The result is industry's most comprehensive toolkit for rapid ODBC data driver development, supporting the latest development trends and data standards."
This is a significant release for Simba. SimbaEngine SDK 7.7 includes notable enhancements, including:
- ODBC 3.52 client support.
- Unicode client support for multi-lingual text in any localized language.
- 64-bit client support on multiple platforms including Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX and HP/UX, allowing users to harness the greater speed and larger memory capacities of more powerful processors, as well as enabling 32-bit and 64-bit mixed platform client/server interoperability.
- JDBC 3.0 client support for robust data access from Java.
- Improved client/server performance by up to 45%, as well as configurable client/server communication to tune data retrieval performance; client/server scalability has also been improved, allowing up to 250 concurrent clients per server.
- Improved Quickstart sample driver for quick and easy data driver development, including a sample web services driver built in C#.
- Added support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.
Simba has also successfully tested the ODBC SDK with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system to ensure its customers continue to receive the utmost compatibility.
"With SimbaEngine, over 99% of implementing a custom ODBC driver is already done for you," said Kerr First, Simba's Business Development Manager. "Following Simba's comprehensive documentation, you can easily build a prototype ODBC driver within five days."
Since the SDK's introduction in 1992, following Simba's co-development of the ODBC standard with Microsoft, Simba has made numerous advancements in standards-based relational data connectivity.
SimbaEngine ODBC SDK offers customers broad platform support on multiple platforms for development of commercial-grade data drivers. The SDK is used by many ISVs to quickly deploy ODBC, JDBC, OLE DB and .NET drivers for their own proprietary data sources. ISVs using the SDK gain broad multi-vendor interoperability and are able to natively connect numerous products like SAP Business Objects CrystalReports, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access seamlessly to their proprietary data sources.
SimbaEngine ODBC SDK 7.7 is available now for free evaluation at http://www.simba.com/odbc-sdk.htm.
About Simba Technologies Inc.
Simba Technologies Inc. (http://www.simba.com) is the recognized world leader in standards-based data access products, solutions and services for both relational and multi-dimensional data sources. Simba delivers data connectivity and interoperability solutions to many of the world's leading companies on various platforms, including Windows, Mac, UNIX and Linux. Simba's best-in-class products support multiple interfaces, including ODBC, JDBC, OLE DB, OLE DB for OLAP (ODBO), XML for Analysis (XMLA), ADO, ADO.NET, ADOMD and ADOMD.NET.
Simba's software is used worldwide. Its customers include leading independent software vendors and global enterprises like Business Objects, Infor, Microsoft, Oracle and SAP AG.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Simba Technologies Inc., Internet, Business Issues, Unix, Mac, Unix, Linux, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Inc., Internet Technology, Business,