|Page (1) of 1 - 03/05/12||email article||print page|
Shmoop Launches AP Physics B Exam Prep(March 05, 2012)
Mountain View, CA (PRWEB) March 05, 2012
It is hard to deny the importance of physics in human lives, or to debate how thoroughly it extends into every aspect of the natural world. For those souls brave enough to take on the AP Physics B exam, there is help.
Shmoop, a publisher of digital curriculum and test prep, announces the launch of its new AP Physics guide. Here students will learn about Newtonian Mechanics, Fluids and Thermal Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Waves and Optics, and Laboratory and Experimental Situations. And Shmoop will work hard to impress upon students the gravity of these concepts.
So that students will understand why they are pouring so much energy into their work. Then, when theyve graduated and are leaving for college, they can say good-bye to Shmoop with a wave motion.
In this guide, students will:
- Learn to recognize Newtonian mechanics without having an apple chucked at their head. In fact, students are unlikely to be struck by any produce whatsoever.
- Cover physics from A to Zfrom atomic to zeroth law of thermodynamics. Zeroth, yeah. Its a word.
- Enjoy the beloved fable of Goldiquarks and the Three Photons. (Spoiler: In an unexpected twist, she gets eaten by The Big Bad Magnetic Field.)
- Discover how their terrible Disco Santa seasonal light display can teach them about electricity and magnetism.
- Understand why a D-grade on the exam magically gets them a perfect 5. (Okay, its not magic. Its a curve. We think Criss Angel would still be impressed.)
Lets get Physical with Shmoops guide to AP Physics guide. After going through all of the reviews, drills and practice exams contained therein, Shmoop is sure student will ace that test. No hydrostatic pressure.
Shmoop is a digital curriculum and test prep company that makes fun, rigorous learning and teaching materials. Shmoop content is written by master teachers and Ph.D. students from Stanford, Harvard, UC Berkeley, and other top universities. Shmoop Learning Guides, Test Prep, SAT, and Teacher Editions balance a teen-friendly, approachable style with academically rigorous materials to help students understand how subjects relate to their daily lives. Shmoop offers more than 7,000 titles across the Web, iPhone, Android devices, iPad, Kindle, Nook, and Sony Reader. The company has been honored twice by the Webby Awards, was named Best in Tech for 2010 and 2011 by Scholastic Administrator, and was honored by District Administration. Launched in 2008, Shmoop is headquartered in a labradoodle-patrolled office in Mountain View, Calif.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/3/prweb9255511.htm.
Related Keywords:internet, consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence, consumer issue, internet, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, education, adult education, further education, university, religious education, education, adult education, further education, religious education, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general), society