|Page (1) of 1 - 06/24/02||email article||print page|
Shave Comes to Cinema 4D XL3D hair and fur software supports OS 9 and OS X
Shave can create hair on an object with a single mouse click. It has full hyperNURBS support and support for deformations, including bones, PLA and morphing. And it includes more than 100 presets for different kinds of hair, fur and grass. Other features include:
- Post effect hair rendering, including visibility behind transparencies and alpha maps and support for shadow casting.
- Anisotropic highlights, backlighting, soft self shadowing and antialiasing.
- Supports textures for parameters like hair color, length and density.
- Paint hair parameters using vertex maps.
- Dynamics system includes polygon collision detection, snapback forces, bi-directional kinematics and momentum.
- Animate hair using gravity, stiffness, wind, turbulence and more.
- Animate hair parameters like growth, colour and frizz over time.
- Combing tools.
- Allows user to drag hair into braids, ponytails or other shapes.
- Scale the length of hair according to surface detail.
- Fluff hair with tools like Puff Roots and Stand on End.
- Interactive displacements like Frizz and Kink let you shape hair using solid fractal noise.
- Cut tools let you cut out selected chunks from any view.
- Render whole forests or fields of wheat using hair instances.
- Convert hair to splines or polygons.
- Supports network rendering.
The Cinema 4D version of Shave and a Haircut requires version R7.3 or later and a valid Cinema 4D XL serial number. It runs on Mac and Windows, including Mac OS X. It sells for $495. For more information, visit http://www.joealter.com or http://www.maxoncomputer.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Shave Comes to Cinema 4D XL