|Page (1) of 1 - 09/27/05||email article||print page|
Sharp Ships PN-455 45 Pro HD LCD For Digital SignageShow flawless-looking content on full 1920 x 1080 HD-resolution large-format LCD monitor (September 27, 2005)
Sharp's PN-455 45" Pro HD LCD
?Sharps expertise in liquid crystal display technology enables us to deliver the right monitor solution for any application, said Bruce Pollack, associate director of marketing, Sharp LCD Products Division. ?Our new 45-inch professional monitor displays exceptional HD content, in full 1920 x 1080 resolution, and upconverts todays standard definition content to the finer picture quality.
Sharp Electronics is the U.S. sales and marketing subsidiary of Sharp Corporation, the world leader in liquid crystal display (LCD) technology and has LCD monitors and televisions that range in size from 13- to 45-inches.
Sharps LCD monitor line has several proprietary technologies and features that ensure unparalleled image quality for a professional presentation of information, data and images. The line has anti-glare and low-reflection properties enabling Sharp monitors to be placed in brighter areas where other screens might appear washed out. Higher contrast lets viewers discern details they might otherwise miss, particularly when viewing darker content. The 170-degree viewing angles help the monitor display a crisp picture that can be seen from virtually anywhere in the room. A Black TFT/Bright Pixel Elimination feature ensures that if a failed pixel occurs, it is effectively invisible to the viewer. Sharp LCD monitors virtually eliminate the risk of ?ghost or burn-in images that can occasionally appear on plasma and CRT monitors. The monitors can also display any content with ease, from DVD to varying PC resolutions thanks to their full complement of input and output connectors.
Developed for companies looking to install or update digital signage or information display applications, the Sharp PN-455 LCD monitor is designed for high-resolution digital signage, TV broadcast and production, graphics, corporate/education, government (including homeland security), medical/healthcare, staging and rental and transportation center/FID applications.
The PN-455 is available at a suggested list price of $9,595 through Sharp authorized dealers, and is backed by a one-year on-site parts and labor limited warranty. For federal government customers, this model is available for purchase via Sharp GSA contract number GS-03-F4077B.
PN-455 Fact Sheet
The PN-455 is Sharps newest entry and largest monitor in a line of professional large-format LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) video/data monitors. The PN-455 is a 45-inch high definition monitor with full 1920 x 1080 HD resolution and over six million pixels for exceptionally accurate and precise image reproduction. It is designed for displaying information in public facilities and other venues.
Applications for the PN-455 include integrated information systems installations in:
Corporate board rooms & conference rooms
Television broadcast & production
Sharp has identified strong demand for bright, clear, long-lasting digital information displays. Existing technologies have not met that need due to issues involving longevity and user concern about degradation of image quality over the life of the product.
Sharps world leadership in LCD technology puts the company in perfect position to capitalize on that demand. Since developing the worlds first practical application of LCD technology in 1973, Sharp has become the global market leader, developing one-of-a-kind LCDs for a diverse range of applications.
The PN-455 is available through Sharps nationwide network of authorized dealers and value added resellers. For additional product information, visit SharpLCD.com/monitors.
PN-455 Full 1920 x 1080 High-Definition Resolution 45-inch Professional LCD Monitor
Features and Benefits
* Easy systems integration - Multiple connectivity options; intuitive menu; integrated handles; VESA 200 millimeter mounting points; proper ventilation and low heat dissipation decrease chance of component failure
* Full RS-232C with loop through - Full control and access to all command levels; loop through for more efficient installations
* Designed for commercial use - With metal rear enclosure, dual ultra-quiet cooling fans and clean appearance (with no raised front panel controls or connectors)
* Extensive connectivity - Allows simultaneous connection of multiple sources, including internal switching which allows audio to follow video signals
* Full 1920 x 1080 HD resolution - The ?Future Proof PN-455 LCD monitor has a full 1920 x 1080 HD resolution and compatibility with both analog and digital (DVI-D) sources for exceptionally accurate and precise image reproduction
* True 16:9 aspect ratio - Accurately replicates content
* Long life backlight - Low cost of ownership
* Adjustment lockout - Tamper-proof operation; prevents unwanted adjustment from the remote
* 5-level color temperature setting - Outstanding color accuracy and color matching
Proprietary Technology Benefits
* Normally Black TFT LCD - Proprietary technology contributes to crisp test, virtually no burn-in, longevity and reliability; reduces potential for inactive bright pixels
* 12 millisecond response rate - Fast response rate reduces ghosting when displaying fast-motion video
* Advanced Super View (ASV) - Results in superior image quality; 800:1 contrast ratio for deeper blacktones; wide viewing angles (up, down, left & right) up to 170 degrees
* Ultra High Aperture (UHA) - Achieves high brightness and maintains low power consumption
Design and specifications subject to change without notice.
About Sharp Electronics Corporation
Sharp Electronics Corporation is the Mahwah, N.J.-based marketing and sales subsidiary of Japan's Sharp Corporation, a worldwide developer of the core technologies that are integral to shaping the next generation of home entertainment products, appliances, networked, multifunctional office solutions, solar energy and mobile communication and information tools. Leading brands include AQUOS® Liquid Crystal Televisions, 1-Bit digital audio products, SharpVision® projection products, Carousel® microwaves, IMAGER digital multifunctional systems, and Notevision® multimedia projectors. Sharp Electronics Corporation employs approximately 2,000 people throughout the U.S. supporting more than 50 product lines.
Sharp offers a full line of mobile, conference/classroom and system integration / large venue projectors, in addition to system solutions and large-format LCD video/data monitors, available for purchase, lease or rental through its national network of authorized dealers and resellers. For more information, please contact Sharp Electronics Corporation, LCD Products Division, Information Systems Group, Sharp Plaza, Mahwah, N.J. 07430, or call 866-4-VISUAL (866-484-7825). For online product information, visit the Sharp LCD Products Division Web site at www.SharpLCD.com or e-mail: ProLCD@SharpUSA.com.
Related Keywords:Sharp, PN-455, HD LCD, Digital Signage, information display, monitor,