|Page (1) of 1 - 03/20/12||email article||print page|
ServiceMesh Makes the Enterprise Cloud More Reliable, Governed and SecureLatest Agility Platform Raises the Bar for Cloud Operational Excellence and Includes Expanded Support for VMware vCloud Director (March 20, 2012)
SANTA MONICA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/20/12 -- ServiceMesh, provider of the market-leading enterprise cloud platform for Global 2000 companies, today announced the availability of the Agility Platform version 7.4, with new features to help enterprises transform their costly and constrained IT services delivery approach into an application-centric, agile IT operating model that quickly aligns to business needs. The ServiceMesh Agility Platform is the only enterprise-grade solution on the market that accelerates this transformation by managing the lifecycle of cloud applications independent of the underlying infrastructure while maintaining compliance, security and governance through flexible policy definition and enforcement. The result is a significant reduction in the cost, complexity, and time to market for application solution delivery.
Global 2000 customers are seeking ways to extend the benefits of cloud computing to more business-critical applications and data, but these organizations require stringent control over service-level performance, reliability, and governance. Agility Platform 7.4 satisfies these needs with new capabilities that include advanced disaster recovery, failover, and high-availability features for cloud applications and services. In addition, new policy-driven security and configuration management capabilities make it easier to enforce standardization and compliance requirements, while expanded support for VMware vCloud Director enables the Agility Platform to extend its governance and lifecycle management capabilities to all vCloud Director deployments.
The Industry's Only Enterprise Cloud Governance and Lifecycle Management Solution
The ServiceMesh Agility Platform has helped Global 2000 enterprises unlock the business value of cloud computing by governing, managing and securing enterprise-grade portfolios of platforms and applications across hybrid clouds. Global 2000 companies, from top five global banks to leaders in pharmaceuticals and consumer products, are using the Agility Platform to transform their IT operating models to deliver significant cost and time to market advantages:
- 78% reduction in time to market for provisioning custom enterprise platforms
- 97% reduction in time to market for provisioning standardized infrastructure services
- 42% total cost of ownership savings for business-critical applications
- 84% operating cost savings for IT infrastructure services
Agility Platform 7.4 extends these benefits with new product capabilities including:
- Dynamic DNS. Version 7.4 eliminates the need to manually configure DNS or rely on third-party DNS offerings, and simplifies the implementation of real-time failover, disaster recovery, and high-availability features while reducing support costs and the risk of human error.
- Advanced Guest Personalization. Flexible, policy-driven configuration management capabilities enable companies to simplify enforcement of standards and regulatory compliance, including automated guest registrations across third-party systems such as licensing servers and configuration management databases. This streamlines change management, reduces deployment risk, and shortens deployment cycle times.
- VMware vCloud Director Support. The latest release provides expanded support for VMware vCloud Director, enabling the Agility Platform's enterprise-grade cloud governance, lifecycle management, and end-to-end security capabilities to extend and enhance existing vCloud Director implementations.
- Extended User Permissions Model. Version 7.4 enhances Agility Platform's existing federated identity management capabilities with an extended user permissions model that supports native application-level permissions. For example, application and operating level User, Power User, and Administrator permissions can be easily preserved rather than providing root access to the machine, increasing system security and enabling IT services to be more broadly offered as-a-service. Detailed run-time script visibility and enhanced auditability features have also been added.
- Complex Event Processing: Agility Platform's market-leading SLA management and governance capabilities have been extended with the ability to capture a broader array of real-time events and respond with pre-programmed notifications and responses -- either within Agility Platform or across third-party offerings. This enables a wide range of options to adapt to changing application needs, such as automating ticket submission into incident management systems, or activating third-party application performance management tools to gather detailed forensics.
QUOTES AND MULTIMEDIA:
"Enterprise customers are continuing the evolution of their initial private cloud initiatives into more production rollouts," said Cameron Haight, Research Vice President, Gartner. "Given the increasing importance of the services that are being provided, IT organizations should ensure that their cloud management platforms provide increasingly robust policy-driven governance and automated configuration management to meet the business' need for scale and workload optimization."
"Agility Platform customers want to extend the benefits of a more agile and cost effective IT operating model directly to their business-critical applications, enabling more strategic competitive advantages in terms of adaptability and speed," said Frank Martinez, CTO of ServiceMesh. "The Agility Platform ensures that cloud operational excellence is inherent in an organization's business-critical workloads, enabling real-time, business-level IT requests to be aligned to the optimal underlying IT services and infrastructure with full governance, control, visibility, and security."
Learn more about the ServiceMesh Agility Platform.
Request a demonstration of the Agility Platform in action.
View short videos of the Agility Platform capabilities.
Join Agile IT operating model conversations on the ServiceMesh blog.
ServiceMesh provides the industry's only enterprise cloud platform that enable Agile IT operating models for Global 2000 clients. ServiceMesh solutions consist of advisory services, market-ready IT optimization strategies, and the ServiceMesh Agility Platform to automate and manage the lifecycle of cloud-based, "everything-as-a-service" environments.
Enterprise customers select ServiceMesh to design and implement IT strategies that offer game changing competitive advantages through a federation of internal and external IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and cloud service providers. Customers use the Agility Platform to automate their plan, build, share, and run lifecycle with the security, governance, transparency, identity management, and policy control required by large enterprises. Some of the world's largest and most sophisticated companies in financial services, health care, and other IT-intensive industries rely on ServiceMesh to realize quantum improvements in business agility, lower operating costs, and to enable new business and economic models that support their strategic business initiatives. To learn more, visit www.servicemesh.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: ServiceMesh, Codie, agility platform, cloud computing, Applications, Health Care, Security, Business Issues, Cloud Computing, IT Management, infrastructure, application services, Cloud infrastructure, Management, CTO/CIO, Marketwire, , Financial, Medical, Biology, Business, disaster, Other,