|Page (1) of 1 - 10/25/11||email article||print page|
ServiceMesh Delivers Advanced SLA Management for Dynamic Enterprise CloudsNew Agility Platform 7.3 Provides Advanced Cloud Governance and Management for Business Critical Workloads (October 25, 2011)
SANTA MONICA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/25/11 -- ServiceMesh, provider of the market-leading enterprise cloud platform for Global 2000 companies, today announced the availability of Agility Platform version 7.3. The new version delivers breakthrough advancements in Service Level Agreement (SLA) management, reporting, and security for enterprise hybrid cloud environments. The new SLA management features provide enterprises with the capability to monitor the runtime health of complex, multi-tier workloads and dynamically respond to changes in demand or performance when running in any cloud supported by the Agility Platform. Enhanced reporting capabilities allow users to customize the metrics collected by the Agility Platform to create custom, business-relevant reports that allow diverse stakeholders throughout the enterprise to monitor the behavior of their cloud-based workloads. New support for secure external cryptographic key stores streamlines the management and administration of cryptographic keys used to secure enterprise cloud environments. These new features build upon the Agility Platform's comprehensive policy-based governance and lifecycle management capabilities to unlock the business value of cloud computing for enterprise customers and significantly reduce their costs, risks, and software cycle times.
AGILITY PLATFORM OVERVIEW:
Global 2000 enterprises need to transform their currently constrained and reactive IT services delivery approach to a more agile and cost effective operating model that aligns quickly to business needs. The ServiceMesh Agility Platform accelerates this transformation by governing, securing, and managing portfolios of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings and optimizing their placement across hybrid clouds to reduce the cost, complexity, and time-to-market for delivery of IT services. Key benefits include:
- Improving time-to-market with self-service provisioning not simply of IT infrastructure, but enterprise-grade platforms and business critical applications such as IBM WebSphere, Hadoop clusters, SAP, and more.
- Increasing business agility by directly empowering business units with on-demand access to fully governed and SLA managed IT resources with automated request, approval, and provisioning processes.
- Mitigating regulatory and compliance risk with robust policy-based governance, security and lifecycle management consistently applied across all IT resources and cloud environments.
- Lowering costs and optimizing resource utilization using IT services that are portable and not locked into any specific cloud provider or underlying implementation technology.
NEW CAPABILITIES IN VERSION 7.3:
The Agility Platform provides an important cornerstone to implement a Global 2000 enterprise cloud strategy, with version 7.3 building upon Agility's core capabilities to include several new product innovations:
- Advanced SLA management to mitigate risks. SLAs can now be established using custom thresholds and compound rules, enabling complex workloads to dynamically respond to changes in demand with unprecedented levels of control. This includes auto-scaling workloads precisely to deliver optimal performance without wasting or overcommitting resources. These SLA management capabilities build upon the Agility Platform's support for multi-tier application topologies, and allow different auto-scaling rules to be enforced at different points within the topology. When combined with Agility Platform's policy-driven governance controls, these new SLA management capabilities enable a broader class of business critical workloads to leverage the cost savings and agility benefits of the cloud.
- Customizable reporting metrics and monitoring thresholds. Business and IT users can define customized reporting metrics and thresholds to monitor their cloud workloads, and select different alerting mechanisms including email, SNMP, and event buses to generate custom alerts when user defined thresholds are exceeded. These extensible reporting and monitoring capabilities build upon Agility's customizable reporting module which provides detailed drill-down and roll-up visibility across clouds, organizations, projects, topologies, and instances, and is accessed from Agility's user interface or API to support third-party portals and dashboards.
- Improved security capabilities with support for external key stores. In addition to Agility Platform's internal cryptographic key store, customers can now chose from a wide range of external key stores and certificate authorities to manage their encryption keys. This further expands Agility's market leading security vendor ecosystem to provide an end-to-end cloud security solution across instances, networks, data, and users while simplifying security enforcement through automated security policies and zoned security models.
QUOTES AND MULTIMEDIA:
"Enterprise users expect their applications and services to meet their performance and availability standards, whether deployed in traditional data centers or deployed in the cloud or across both. In order to meet those expectations, applications and services must be designed with real-time-infrastructure in mind, enabling rapid increases or decreases in capacity as required to meet changing demand patterns."
-- Donna Scott, VP and Distinguished Analyst at Gartner
"One of the biggest concerns enterprises have with cloud computing is how applications will perform as they are moved to a new environment. The SLA management and custom reporting capabilities in Agility Platform 7.3 provide users with the enterprise grade tools required to ensure successful cloud deployments, whether in public or private clouds. All the new features in the 7.3 release are designed to work seamlessly with the Agility Platform's advanced policy management and governance system, creating the most advanced enterprise cloud platform in the world."
-- Dave Roberts, Vice President of Strategy, ServiceMesh
Learn more about the ServiceMesh Agility Platform.
Request a demonstration of the Agility Platform in action.
View short videos of the Agility Platform capabilities.
Join Agile IT operating model conversations on the ServiceMesh blog.
ServiceMesh provides the industry's only enterprise cloud platform that enables Agile IT operating models for Global 2000 clients. ServiceMesh solutions consist of advisory services, market-ready IT optimization strategies, and the ServiceMesh Agility Platform to automate and manage the lifecycle of cloud-based, "everything-as-a-service" environments.
Enterprise customers select ServiceMesh to design and implement IT strategies that offer game changing competitive advantages through a federation of internal and external IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and cloud service providers. Customers use the Agility Platform to automate their plan, build, share, and run lifecycle with the security, governance, transparency, identity management, and policy control required by large enterprises. Some of the world's largest and most sophisticated companies in financial services, health care, and other IT-intensive industries rely on ServiceMesh to realize quantum improvements in business agility, lower operating costs, and to enable new business and economic models that support their strategic business initiatives. To learn more, visit www.servicemesh.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: ServiceMesh, Hybrid Cloud, SLA, Agility Platform, Cloud Computing, Cloud Computing Management, Applications, Health Care, Security, Internet, Business Issues, Cloud Computing, Administration, Policy, Standards, Security, Administration, Internet Server Applications, Traffic Analysis/Reporting, E-mail, IT Management, infrastructure, application services, Cloud infrastructure, Management, Marketwire, , Financial, Medical, Business, Email, Other,