|Page (1) of 1 - 10/25/11||email article||print page|
Sensage Achieves Record Success Delivering Advanced SIEM to Large Enterprise, Telco and Federal CustomersPosts Record Quarterly Bookings and Profit (October 25, 2011)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/25/11 -- Sensage, Inc., the leading provider of advanced Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and founder of Open Security Intelligence, today announced double-digit growth in bookings for the quarter ending September 30, 2011. Additionally, Sensage saw accelerated customer and partner traction in Health Care, Telco, Enterprise and Federal Government markets.
"As proactive security organizations keep up with the next-generation of threats, they discover that traditional log management products can't scale to address the massive amounts of data that need to be collected, retained and analyzed," explained Joe Gottlieb, CEO of Sensage. "Sensage is, quite simply, the only solution that can address those requirements -- and our recent success demonstrates that customers recognize the power and scalability of our solution."
In 3Q11, Sensage enjoyed success in three major areas: company execution, partner growth and product validation. Highlights included:
Sequential quarterly customer wins and bookings growth both exceeded 100%, with balanced performance across both direct and channel sales in Federal, Health Care and Telecommunication markets.
- Strong 3Q11 over 2Q11 bookings growth (exceeding 100 percent) built upon the strong trend established in the prior quarter (2Q11 over 1Q11 bookings growth exceeded 50 percent)
- Deals over $50k increased 100 percent year-over-year (3Q10 to 3Q11)
- Achieved sole source status and contract for a major Defense Information Systems Agency project
- Continued expansion of top secret-cleared personnel, through new and expanded alliances with Federal Government specialist channels like BAE and Government Solution Advisors
"We are seeing a tremendous need by our Government customers for a deeper understanding of their security events," said Pat Burns, CEO of Government Solutions Advisors. "Sensage has the technology that delivers rapid intelligence across vast volumes of data, and we are pleased to partner with them to deliver advanced security management solutions to our joint customers."
- Sensage Health Care OEM business continued to grow across the board, from deal count to bookings to average selling price
- Expansion in regional coverage with new partnerships - Airnet (Germany), International Communication Networks (East Europe and Central Asia), Prosylab (Egypt), Logycom (Kazakhstan) and Government Solution Advisors (USA)
- Closed first deal at largest African Mobile Operator in partnership with Red Centre
- Hosted successful 2011 Partner Exchange in Amsterdam with twelve partner organizations represented
"Having spent time with the Sensage team I was really impressed with their ability to solve big data problems and deliver a compelling security solution," said Nigel Stanley, Practice Leader for Security at Bloor Research. "The Sensage partners I have met reflect this with their enthusiastic support for what they see as a compelling channel opportunity to expand their customer SIEM deployments with the Sensage solution."
- Leveraged the general availability of Sensage Open Access Extension (OAE) announced in February, 2011 for customers to build custom security dashboards using third-party business intelligence tools
- Achieved Common Criteria Common Evaluations Methodology for Information Technology Security Evaluation and successful test completion for FIPS 140-2 "In Process" validation
- Signed technology agreement with large hardware vendor, giving Sensage resellers the ability to deliver a rapidly deployable Sensage appliance, including server and storage
- Selected to present the Sensage solution to Fortune 500 CIOs at the Sierra Ventures 6th Annual CIO Summit (Big Data and Analytics product session)
- Selected as Finalist for GSN Homeland Security Awards in two categories for the second year in a row: Best SIEM Solution, Most Effective Federal Agency Security Project
"Sensage has focused exceptionally well on meeting customer needs. Their record success this quarter is evidence they are executing well across every aspect of the business," said Maha Ibrahim, General Partner at Canaan Partners.
Sensage®, Inc. helps organizations collect, store, analyze and interpret complex information to identify new threats, improve cyber-security defenses, and achieve industry and regulatory compliance.
Sensage serves our customers' most advanced Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), log management, Call Detail Record (CDR) retention and retrieval and Continuous Controls Monitoring (CCM) use cases. Hundreds of customers worldwide leverage patented Security Intelligence solutions from Sensage to effectively identify, understand and counteract insider threats, advanced persistent threats, cyber threats, fraud and compliance violations.
Combining powerful data warehousing with scalable, clustered multiprocessing and robust analytics, Sensage solutions handle all event data types, scale to petabytes, minimize storage costs and perform sophisticated data analysis. Sensage is FIPS 140-2 Certified. Sensage partners include Cerner, Cisco, EMC, McAfee and SAP. For more information, visit www.sensage.com, follow us on Twitter: @Sensage, and watch for us on www.youtube.com/Sensagetv.
About Government Solution Advisors
GS Advisors is a fast growing private company providing Government Information Technology and Integration services to the Federal Government. In 2010, Government Solution Advisors receive a BEST BUSINESS AWARD from the Small Business Commerce Association (SBCA). Their goal is to improve mission results and drive efficiencies of Government operations by leveraging new technology and business procedures. Their team is made up of recognized leaders who have been in the community for over 21 years.
GS Advisors has numerous prime contracts directly with Federal, State and Local Governments, and large Business Integrators count on them for delivery of quality services in DOD, Civilian and Intelligence Community in areas of cyber-security and counter intelligence, wired and wireless networking deployments, human intelligence, authentication and more. http://www.gsadvisorscorp.com/
Bloor Research is one of Europe's leading independent IT research, analysis and consultancy organizations. Through the effective governance, management and leverage of Information, Bloor helps clients bring greater agility to their corporate IT systems. Bloor is known for 'telling the right story' with independent, intelligent, well-articulated communications content and publications.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1777683
The Merritt Group
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: SIEM, SIM, Arcsight, Security Intelligence, security, InfoSec, compliance, GRC, log management, Sales, Sales & Marketing, Health Care, Storage, Security, Networking, Business Issues, Hardware, Services, Misc, Networks, Security, Authentication, Threats, Authentication, Wireless, Server Hardware, Server Computers, IT Management, Contracts, Management, Sales, CTO/CIO, CEO/CFO, Sales, Marketwire, Inc., , IT (Information Technology), Networking, Medical, Computer Science, Business,