|Page (1) of 1 - 04/10/12||email article||print page|
Senior Talent Joins GoPago to Drive Product Development and Expand Sales ChannelJosh Bradbury, Navneet Singh and Venu Venugopal Contribute Experience From Senior Positions at Adobe, Google and IBM to Build Out Product Features and Accelerate Merchant Adoption (April 10, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/10/12 --
- GoPago, a provider of emerging mobile payments technology, announced today that the company has added three prominent members to its expanding team: Josh Bradbury, Navneet Singh and Venu Venugopal.
- Josh Bradbury joins GoPago as vice president of sales to lead the company's overall sales strategy, including: partnerships and alliances, creating a sales infrastructure to scale merchant acquisition and managing GoPago's sales channel. Bradbury was the director of enterprise sales at IBM, where he spent 13 years driving an aggressive local sales organization after introducing IBM's gold standard sales methodology.
- Navneet Singh joins GoPago as chief product officer and is responsible for the company's product strategy and requirements, and user experience. Singh's experience creating breakthrough products at Google as director of product development -- namely for Mobile and Google+ -- will be applied to GoPago's expanding team of product managers and user experience designers that are re-imagining the ways users interact with merchants.
- Venu Venugopal brings more than 20 years of engineering and senior experience at leading startup and public companies to his new role as vice president of engineering at GoPago -- responsible for product development and technology strategy. Previously, Venugopal was the vice president of engineering at Adobe.
- "We're building a world-class organization by bringing together some of the brightest minds to solve the mobile shopping problem through mobile payments. With highly coveted talent like Josh, Navneet and Venu, we're in a very strategic position to make waves in this space and have a profound effect on how consumers interact with local merchants and the way brick and mortar shops do business." - Leo Rocco, CEO and founder at GoPago
- "This team has the unique opportunity to define the way the world conducts business over the smartphone given that GoPago extends well beyond mobile payments. It's an honor to be working alongside Leo again. At IBM, we called him the rainmaker -- he always delivered incredible results because he was manically focused on the customers' successes and I can see that he still has that same spirit today at GoPago." - Josh Bradbury, vice president of sales at GoPago
- "After spending six years at Google working with some of the brightest product minds in the industry, I see the same innovative spark at GoPago. It was a no brainer to join in on the creation of this great company. We've mapped out an unbelievable vision, have the most strategic partner possible in Chase, and world-class sales and operations teams that are positioned to expand GoPago's merchant network at an exponential rate." - Navneet Singh, chief product officer at GoPago
- "GoPago presented an opportunity to dramatically transform the way brick and mortar merchants do business and capture the loyalty of ever mobilizing consumers. The company aligns perfectly with my passion for mobile applications, payments, social and the user experience. Plus, Leo instantly impressed me with his leadership skills, drive for making customers successful and focus on recruiting the best talent in this business." - Venu Venugopal, vice president of engineering at GoPago
GoPago, Inc. is re-imagining the way consumers and brick and mortar businesses use smartphones for mobile commerce -- enabling consumers to easily browse, order and pay for everything from food and drinks to haircuts and dry cleaning, while giving merchants a one-stop mobile storefront that lets them run their business and build customer loyalty. The San Francisco based company was founded in 2009, and currently works with merchants in Mountain View, Calif., the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas and San Francisco. For more information, visit www.gopago.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: GoPago, Communications, Web, Smart Phone, Search, Applications, Google, Sales, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Internet, Business Issues, Internet Server Applications, Sales, Sales, Business, PDA/Smartphone, Marketwire, Inc., , Gold, Business,