|Page (1) of 1 - 05/16/12||email article||print page|
Senior Talent Joins GoPago to Drive Product Development and Expand SalesJosh Bradbury, Navneet Singh and Venu Venugopal Contribute Experience From Senior Positions at IBM, Google and Adobe to Build Out Product Features and Accelerate Merchant Adoption (May 16, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/16/12 --
- GoPago, a provider of emerging mobile payments technology, announced today that the company has added three prominent members to its expanding team: Josh Bradbury, Navneet Singh and Venu Venugopal.
- Josh Bradbury joins GoPago as vice president of sales to lead the company's overall sales strategy, including: building partnerships and alliances, creating a sales infrastructure to scale merchant acquisition, and managing GoPago's sales channel. Bradbury has over 13 years of enterprise software sales experience between PTC -- where he was the director of sales for high tech and electronics -- as well as leadership roles within IBM Rational Software.
- Navneet Singh joins GoPago as chief product officer and is responsible for the company's product strategy and requirements, and user experience. Singh's history of creating breakthrough products at Google as product lead for several mobile properties -- most recently Google News -- will be applied to GoPago's expanding team of product managers and user experience designers that are re-imagining the way users interact with merchants.
- Venu Venugopal joins GoPago as vice president of engineering and is responsible for product development and technology strategy. Venugopal brings more than 20 years of engineering and senior leadership experience from Adobe, Macromedia and Silicon Graphics. Most recently, Venugopal was vice president of Flash and AIR at Adobe Systems where he led a highly successful, ubiquitous platform for delivering rich, engaging experiences across multiple devices.
- "We're building a world-class organization by bringing together some of the brightest minds to solve the mobile shopping problem through mobile payments. With highly coveted talent like Josh, Navneet and Venu, we're in a very strategic position to make waves in this space and have a profound effect on how consumers interact with brick and mortar merchants and the way they do business." - Leo Rocco, CEO and founder at GoPago
- "This team has the unique opportunity to define the way the world conducts business over the smartphone. This extends well beyond mobile payments and into the world of mobile commerce. It is also an honor to be working alongside Leo again. I was his manager at IBM and we called him the 'rainmaker' -- he always delivered incredible results because he was manically focused on the customers' successes. This spirit is still alive and kicking at GoPago." - Josh Bradbury, vice president of sales at GoPago
- "I see the same innovative spark at GoPago that I did working at Google with some of the most talented people in the industry. It was a no brainer to join in on the creation of this industry-changing platform. We've mapped out an unbelievable vision, have the most strategic partner possible in Chase, and a world-class sales and operations teams that are positioned to expand GoPago's merchant network at an exponential rate." - Navneet Singh, chief product officer at GoPago
- "GoPago has a great opportunity to dramatically transform the way brick and mortar merchants do business and capture the loyalty of an ever increasing number of mobile consumers. The company's vision aligns perfectly with my passion for mobile applications, payments and social computing. GoPago is led by a passionate leader, Leo Rocco, who instantly impressed me with his leadership skills, drive for making customers successful and focus on recruiting the best talent in this business." - Venu Venugopal, vice president of engineering at GoPago
GoPago, Inc. is re-imagining the way consumers and brick and mortar businesses use smartphones for mobile commerce -- enabling consumers to easily browse, order and pay for everything from food and drinks to haircuts and dry cleaning, while giving brick and mortar merchants a one-stop mobile storefront that lets them run their business and build customer loyalty. The San Francisco based company was founded in 2009, and currently works with merchants in Mountain View, Calif., the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas and San Francisco. For more information, visit www.gopago.com.
For media inquiries, please contact
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: GoPago, Digital Media Software,Communications,Web,Graphics/Image Editing,Smart Phone,Search,Applications,Google,Sales,Applications,Sales & Marketing,Internet,Business Issues,Internet Server Applications,Sales,Sales,Business,Flash,PDA/Smartphone,Graphics/Design,Graphics,Marketwire, Inc., ,Business,