|Page (1) of 1 - 04/25/12||email article||print page|
Seagate Optimizes Global Trade Management With OracleOracle Global Trade Management Helps the World's Largest Disk Manufacturer Automate, Monitor and Streamline Complex Trade Processes (April 25, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 04/25/12 -- COLLABORATE 12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To optimize the management of its complex global trade operations, Seagate, a leading provider of storage devices, implemented Oracle Global Trade Management.
- With thousands of transactions per day, including shipments to customers in nearly every country in the world, Seagate needed an automated and flexible platform that would allow it to optimize and streamline business processes related to internal and cross-border trade.
- After an extensive review, Seagate chose Oracle Global Trade Management as it delivered the flexibility and functionality that Seagate required to not only manage its complex trade management processes but also allow it to easily add new markets and additional lines of business with the growth of the company.
- Leveraging Oracle Global Trade Management as centralized trade data repository for all legal, regulatory and compliance related information, Seagate has been able to increase the flexibility of its global trade operations and avoid costly shipment delays by writing rules to screen transactions for local import and export requirements.
- With one global dashboard that enables a centralized view and helpful alerts on global regulations and requirements, Seagate is able to eliminate silos created by its legacy system, increasing collaboration across its global team and supporting compliance with complex regulations.
- By integrating with existing systems, including the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Global Trade Management also enables Seagate to automate data transaction processes, reducing the risk of manual errors and streamlining reporting.
- In addition, the powerful search capabilities delivered by Oracle Global Trade Management enable Seagate to further streamline processes by significantly reducing the time required to search for missing classification information.
- Seagate went live on Oracle Global Trade Management 6.2 in January 2012, working with Wipro, a Diamond level member in Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) and Oracle Consulting to complete the implementation on time and on budget.
- "With customers in nearly every country in the world, we needed to be able to streamline complex trade management processes in order to ensure compliance with different global regulations and requirements," said Michelle Scott-Horwitz, senior director of international trade administration, Seagate. "Oracle Global Trade Management allows us the flexibility and functionality to manage these multifaceted, global processes."
- "Oracle Global Trade Management provides a flexible and robust platform to manage complex global trade business processes, which is crucial to the success of our company," said Pranab Sinha, vice president of IT, Seagate. "Replacing our previous system with Oracle Global Trade Management has allowed us to reduce risk and increase efficiencies, while maintaining our commitment to delivering the best possible service to our customers around the world."
- "Wipro is very excited by the potential benefits of the implementation of Oracle Global Trade Management solution at Seagate, jointly with Oracle. It has provided better visibility, ensured compliance mandates of the company's complex cross border transactions and improved overall process efficiency," said Biplab Adhya, vice president, business application services, Wipro Technologies.
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle Global Trade Management
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- About Seagate
- About Wipro
- Oracle's Supply Chain Management Blog
- Oracle's Value Chain Execution Facebook Page
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: applications, products, oracle products, oracle, Applications, Storage, Productivity Applications, Hardware, Software Development, Services, Software, Misc, Other Applications, Management, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Business, Other,