|Page (1) of 1 - 05/24/05||email article||print page|
San Francisco Game Job Conference Speakers Announced16 leading game developers and publishers represented at June 4 conference (May 24, 2005)
The Game Initiative, a leading producer of conferences and events for professionals in the computer and video game industry, today announced that professionals from 16 leading game developers and publishers will be represented at the "San Francisco Game Job Conference and Resume Workshop" taking place June 4, 2005 at the Skyview Performing Arts Center, located on the campus of Skyline High School 12250 Skyline Blvd., Oakland, CA 94619. Participants include game industry professionals from Linden Lab, Electronic Arts, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Valve Software, Trymedia Systems, Stormfront Studios, Eidos, Inc., M7 Networks, Secret Level INC., Blue Shift, Inc., Planet Moon Studios, Lee Marrs Artwork, Mary-Margaret.com, Centerscore, Inc., Factor 5, and Unplugged .
The "San Francisco Game Job Conference and Resume Workshop" is designed for artists, programmers, writers, musicians, designers and others looking to get into the computer and video game business. Students and professionals looking to get into the computer and video game business will have the opportunity to speak with industry insiders, hiring managers and participate in an engaging resume workshop.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Graeme Bayless, Director of Production, Eidos, Inc.
- David Buckley, Co-Founder and CTO, M7 Networks Inc.
- Anthony Castoro, Producer, Electronic Arts
- Mark DeLoura, Manager of Developer Relations, Sony Computer Entertainment America
- J. Epps, Design Director, Stormfront Studios
- Rachel Hardwick, Producer, Secret Level INC.
- Jeff King, VP of Operations, Blue Shift, Inc.
- Jennifer Lane, Sr. Game Designer, Electronic Arts
- Aaron Loeb, Director of Business Development, Producer, Planet Moon Studios
- Lee Marrs, President, Lee Marrs Artwork
- Robin McShaffry, Recruiter, Mary-Margaret.com
- Justin Min, COO, Centerscore, Inc.
- Cory Ondrejka, Vice President of Product Development, Linden Lab
- Tamara Rothenberg, Recruitment Specialist, Mary-Margaret.com
- Jessica Tams, Director of Partner Development, Trymedia Systems
- Robin Walker, Game Designer, Valve Software
- Matthias Worch, Game Designer/Technical Art Director, Factor 5
- Jonathan Zamick, CEO founder, Unplugged
Speaker bios and event details can be found online at http://www.GameConferences.com/sf/
"This comprehensive program will identify trends and requirements as well as the qualifications and skill-sets that are in demand in the game industry. The casual nature of this event allows attendees an unprecedented opportunity to interact with industry veterans, ask questions, gain valuable contacts and understand the business," said Christopher Sherman, Game Initiative Executive Director.
Students will learn how to build an early professional road map to a career in the game industry. Professionals looking to move into the business from other industries will learn how their experience and transferable skills can gain rapid entry into the game industry. The event will also provide a great opportunity for local game companies to meet potential new talent. Also, attendees will be able to participate in the Demo Reel Showcase, where can bring their laptops to showcase their demo reels to industry insiders for direct feedback and job opportunities.
Sponsors include: Second Life, Mary-Margaret.com, GameDev.net, Program Ace, St. Edwards Univsersity and Moby Games.
San Francisco Video Game Industry Job Conference - June 4, 2005 - Agenda
8:30am - 9:00am Registration and Networking
9:00am - 9:45am Industry Overview
10:00am - 10:45am Getting in at the Ground Floor
11:00am - 12:00pm Applying Transferable Skill Sets
12:00pm - 1:30pm Networking
1:30pm - 3:00pm Resume Workshop
The cost is $45 in advance or $60 at the door. The event takes place at the Skyview Performing Arts Center, located on the campus of Skyline High School - 12250 Skyline Blvd., Oakland, CA 94619. Registration is available online at http://www.GameConferences.com/sf/
Video Game Industry Conference and Resume Workshop attendees will:
* Find out what employers are looking for now and in the future
* Learn how the game development pipeline works
* Receive an overview of the industry and where its headed
* Understand the core competencies required in art, programming and design
* Meet and network with professionals in the industry
* Participate in a resume workshop designed to gain them critical interviews with hiring managers.
About The Game Initiative
The Game Initiative is a leading producer of conferences and events for professionals in the computer and video game industry. The Initiative is chartered with the growth of the industry through events, public awareness, information and supporting programs and serves the needs of companies and people involved in producing interactive entertainment software and hardware for video game consoles, handheld devices, personal computers and the Internet. Game Initiative events include the Austin Game Conference, the Mobile Game Conference, the Women's Game Conference, The Advertising In Games Forum, The Casual Games Conference, Game Technology Association Meetings and the How to Break into the Game Industry national conference series.
More information about The Game Initiative can be found at http://www.GameConferences.com.
Related Keywords:Game Job Conference, game developers, The Game Initiative, game industry, programmers, designers,