|Page (1) of 1 - 06/22/04||email article||print page|
SSL Launches 192kHz ADC Card For XLogic ChannelLets users operate at multiple sample frequencies (June 22, 2004)
Solid State Logic has introduced the
XLogic ADC card
The 192kHz ADC Card, which was shown for the first time in Europe at the 116th AES Convention in Berlin, draws on SSLs acclaimed C-Series digital console technology to offer exceptional conversion quality. It gives end users the flexibility to operate at multiple sample frequencies and includes an allowance for varispeed and pull up/pull down frequency operation. The new card will be available in July at a list price of $650.
The features of the XLogic ADC card include:
* Superb SuperAnalogue matched ADC front end for true 192kHz performance.
* In unit installation provides the shortest possible path from processing to converter.
* Full 24 bit resolution, ultra linear performance, very low distortion and noise floor
* Reference accuracy internal clock allows the XLogic Channel to be used as a digital synchronization source for ultra low jitter, signal capture capabilities.
* System integration capability through provision of external sync capability.
* Sample frequency follows external sync source from 32-200 kHz.
* Selectable fixed clock sample frequency in master mode, 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz at 24 bit resolution
* Analogue input provides capability for stereo AES cable operation. One ADC card can be shared between two XLogic Channel units for maximum efficiency.
* Selectable TTL Wordclock Fs, 256Fs, or AES/SPDIF external sync source.
* Transformer isolated 110ohm AES/EBU XLR and SPDIF phono output allowing use with a wide variety recorders and Digital Audio Workstations.
The XLogic Channel packs SSLs XL 9000 K Series SuperAnalogue channel processing into a 1U unit. It features a SuperAnalogue Pre-amplifier with mic, line or instrument inputs and switched gain for easy reset, Twin-Curve Dynamics and selectable RMS or peak sensing for subtle to dramatic compression, including soft distortion at extreme settings High and Low Pass Filters.
Other products in the XLogic range include the XLogic 5.1 Compressor (the worlds first surround compressor), XLogic SuperAnalogue Mic Amp and the classic G Series Stereo Compressor. Since their launch in 2003, these products have sold in excess of 600 units worldwide.
Commenting on the latest development, SSLs Director of Marketing Niall Feldman says, ?The ADC card has been designed to complement the XLogic Channels spectacular audio performance. Its ability to act as a master clock source and follow external sync provides huge flexibility in application. The provision of a second analogue input to allow full use of a stereo AES signal between two XLogic units also means great value for the money.
About Solid State Logic
Solid State Logic is the worlds leading manufacturer of analogue and digital audio consoles for broadcast, post, music and film facilities. SSLs product range includes the C100 new-generation Digital Broadcast and C200 Digital Production Consoles, the Avant Plus Digital Console for Film and Post, the XL 9000 K Series SuperAnalogue Consoles and the SL 4000 G+ Analogue Console.
For further information visit www.solid-state-logic.com.
Related Keywords:SSL, XLogic Channel, XLogic ADC, Solid State Logic, AES, digital console, varispeed, SuperAnalogue, Digital Audio Workstations, Niall Feldman,