|Page (1) of 1 - 11/10/11||email article||print page|
SOS Launches the First Low-Cost, Total Data Protection System for VARSCloud-Based SOS ServerSave Packages Multiple High-Speed Backup and Recovery Systems Under Centralized Management With Military-Grade Security (November 10, 2011)
EL SEGUNDO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/10/11 -- SOS Online Backup [www.sosonlinebackup.com], the four-time PC Mag Editor's Choice winning online backup provider, today announced the launch of the first low-cost total data protection system for VARs, resellers and MSPs. The new cloud-based SOS ServerSave packages multiple high-speed backup and recovery systems under centralized management with military-grade security. Right now the typical VAR, reseller, or MSP has one solution for Microsoft Exchange, another for Windows servers and local backup, e.g. Bare Metal, a third for files and folders, still another for databases, and so on. SOS ServerSave ties all of these software packages together with Pulse -- the IT management system for centralized control. By combining multiple services into a single, secure solution with centralized management, SOS partners can now drastically reduce both their software acquisition costs and administrative overhead.
"The explosive growth of backup and recovery systems has been great for software providers, but their multiple piecemeal solutions have led to a looming administrative crisis for end users and VARs," said Ken Shaw, CEO of SOS Online Backup. "As a relatively long-time leader in backup and recovery systems, we realized it was high time to move beyond standalone technical requirements to focus on overall administrative needs of our users and partners. The resulting SOS ServerSave solution will be a game-changer for the industry."
Key features of SOS ServerSave include:
- Centralized management, deployment, and reporting.
- Engineered for speed, with consistently higher performance in real-world tests.
- Bare Metal backup and recovery, for files, operating systems, system state, apps, and app data.
- Exchange backup and granular recovery, at database, mailbox, and message levels.
- Windows Server backup and recovery, 2003, 2008, SBS 2003, and SBS 2008.
- SharePoint Server backup and recovery, 2008 and 2010.
- SQL database backup and recovery, 2005, 2008, and 2010.
- Three-tiered military-grade security, first locally, in transit, and "at rest" in SOS maximum-security data centers around the world.
- SOS ForeverSave with automatic and infinite file archives, for the ultimate protection against accidental deletion or disaster.
- Mobile backup, access, and share from anywhere with any device.
The SOS ServerSave Partner Dashboard provides remote management and reporting, gives VARs, resellers, and MSPs a centralized view of deployments, how their accounts are provisioned, what they're billing, server activity, and more. The Partner Dashboard also gives access to Pulse centralized management and reporting, which takes the place of multiple third party-IT management systems the partners might currently deploy.
SOS ServerSave free trial available
A free trial of SOS ServerSave is available at http://www.sosonlinebackup.com/sos-serversave/request-trial.htm. To learn more about SOS ServerSave, please visit http://www.sosonlinebackup.com/sell-sheet/.
SOS provides comprehensive cloud back solutions for homes and businesses. Recommended by leading publications, including the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, SOS is a three-time recipient of PC Magazine's coveted Editor's Choice Award. To learn more about SOS online backup solutions, please visit www.sosonlinebackup.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
SOS Sales Contact:
Xenia von Wedel
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Storage, Data protection, Cloud based backup, Online Backup, Storage Solutions, VAR, Server backup, Sales,Sales & Marketing,Storage,Security,Database,Computer Technology,Services,Software,Misc,Database,Backup,Security,Management,Sales,CEO/CFO,Sales,Marketwire, ,Computer Science,disaster,