|Page (1) of 1 - 11/21/11||email article||print page|
SCI Solutions Convenes Charter Executive Advisory BoardHealth Industry Leaders Partner With SCI to Accelerate Its Growth and Solution Development (November 21, 2011)
CAMPBELL, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/21/11 -- SCI Solutions has organized a diverse forum of health industry business leaders to help shape future offerings SCI clients can utilize to establish or expand competitive advantages in the context of reimbursement reforms. The charter team is comprised of executives, consultants and physician leaders who are known industry thought and business leaders. Initial members of SCI's Executive Advisory Board include:
- Michael Blum, MD - CMIO and Professor of Medicine in Cardiology, UCSF Medical Center. Previously served in similar capacity with Yale New Haven Health System. A board member of AMDIS, Dr. Blum maintains an active clinical practice in cardiovascular medicine at UCSF.
- Charles Bracken - managing partner of Chasware Group, LLC. Has more than 25 years of healthcare IT experience in the areas of consulting, outsourcing, analytics, and revenue cycle. Previously served as CEO of ACS Healthcare Solutions, EVP of Superior Consultant Holdings, CIO of Detroit Receiving Hospital and held positions with BCBS of Michigan.
- Allana Cummings - CIO of Northeast Georgia Health System. A certified healthcare chief information officer (CHCIO), certified professional in healthcare information and management systems (CPHIMS) and certified project management professional (PMP) certification. Previously was Vice President and CIO of Children's Hospital and Medical Center in Omaha and held leadership roles with Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Dave Garets - general manager and executive director, syndicated research Health Care IT Program at The Advisory Board Company. Has 34 years experience in information technology. Previously served as CEO of HIMSS Analytics, EVP of HIMSS, EVP of Healthlink, Group VP of Gartner Healthcare Research and Advisory Services, and CIO of Magic Valley Hospital Regional Medical Center.
- Nathan Kaufman - founder and managing director of Kaufman Strategic Advisors. Has more than 30 years of healthcare experience as a consultant, lecturer and author, including a keynote speaker for The American College of Healthcare Executives, The Governance Institute, The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives and other executive leadership forums.
- Ivo Nelson - chairman of Encore Health Resources. Has 28 years of experience in healthcare IT consulting and helped develop global businesses in Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East. Previously led health IT businesses of IBM, Healthlink, Perot Systems and Electronic Data Systems.
- Jay Toole - chairman of Dearborn Advisors, LLC. Has held key executive positions with consulting and vendor organizations such as Ernst & Young/Cap Gemini Ernst & Young and Andersen Consulting during his more than 35 years in the healthcare industry.
- John Waller, MD - medical director of IT and professor of anesthesia, Medical University of South Carolina. During 20 of his 35 years as an anesthesiologist Dr. Waller has served in a variety of clinical IT roles, including CIO of the Emory Health System and as an advisor and board member for health IT and biomedical device companies.
"The historical basis of enterprise software vendor advantage has been disrupted by the dramatic shift in volume from inpatient to outpatient settings and reimbursement reforms that motivate hospitals to clinically integrate with independent networks of physicians," said Ivo Nelson, chairman of Encore Health Resources. "This change in future reimbursement models combined with the need to electronically integrate community trading partners (such as physicians, health plans, hospitals and post-acute providers) creates an enormous opportunity for SCI clients to utilize its advanced web-based rules and workflow engine to extend their competitive advantage across markets and communities."
SCI's Clinical Integration Engine intelligently orchestrates patient care across communities based on condition, episode and population health -- aligning reimbursement with clinical appropriateness and compliance. This level of rich electronic and economic integration with community providers, patients and plans leads to market advantages and other quantifiable benefits including:
- Incremental referrals/orders from non-employed community physicians
- Reduced out-of-network revenue leakage from employed or acquired/owned physician practices;
- Lower re-admission rates by electronic integration of patient discharge management, ordering, scheduling and follow up patient compliance; and
- Fewer health plan denials and underpayments through verification of medical necessity, authorization and additional front-end revenue management checks.
About SCI Solutions
SCI's patent-protected revenue management solutions enable clients to increase revenue and cash flow, optimize resources and physician referral patterns all while improving patient satisfaction. SCI's advanced rules and workflow engines strengthen alignment with both employed and independent community providers, achieving secure clinical and financial information exchange among providers regardless of their EMR vendor, technology or level of automation. Founded in 1999, SCI is headquartered in Campbell, CA, with professionals throughout the United States and additional offices in Atlanta, Pensacola and Tucson. For more information about SCI Solutions visit www.scisolutions.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: healthcare, patient access, Shipping & Receiving, Sales & Marketing, Health Care, Business Issues, Project Management, Management, CTO/CIO, CEO/CFO, USA, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Medicine, healthcare, medical technologists, Surgery, Medication, Physician, Financial, Healthcare, Hospitals, Medical, Computer Science, Business, middle east, Other, Medical Professionals,