|Page (1) of 1 - 04/30/12||email article||print page|
SAP(R) Applications Certified for Oracle SPARC SuperClusterPre-Integrated Engineered System Enables SAP Customers to Consolidate on a Single System, Speed Deployments, Improve Efficiency and Performance (April 30, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/30/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced SAP® applications are now certified for use with the Oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4-4, a general-purpose engineered system designed for maximum simplicity, efficiency, reliability and performance.
- SAP infrastructure and applications based on the SAP NetWeaver® technology platform 6.4 and above and certified with Oracle Database 11g Release 2, such as the SAP ERP application and SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse, can now be deployed using the SPARC SuperCluster T4-4.
- The SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 provides an optimized platform for SAP environments that can reduce configuration times by up to 75 percent (1), reduce operating costs up to 50 percent(2), can improve query performance by up to 10x(3), and can improve daily data loading up to 4x(4).
SPARC SuperCluster Delivers Pre-Integrated Infrastructure for SAP Applications
- With the SPARC SuperCluster T4-4, customers can:
- Consolidate and Simplify - SAP applications, central services and the Oracle Database can be run securely and efficiently on a single engineered system to greatly simplify deployment, management and service of their SAP infrastructure. With its built-in virtualization and high availability capabilities, up to 4TB of memory and up to 10x database storage compression, the SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 can scale to support the largest centralized deployments.
- Speed Deployments and Reduce Cost - The SPARC SuperCluster
T4-4 provides hardware and software engineered to work together, which is designed to simplify and accelerate application deployment and systems management. Operating system, virtualization and systems management via Oracle Solaris 11, Oracle VM Server for SPARC, and Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c are included at no extra cost with Oracle Premier Support services.
- Improve Performance and Productivity - Optimized hardware and software -- including Oracle Exadata which provides up to 1,000,000 Database Flash IOPS and up to 32 GB/s query throughput -- can radically accelerate business queries, reporting, and analysis enabling more informed business decisions. Factory integrated components and comprehensive systems management tools can reduce administrative overhead, helping to free up IT resources.
- "The Oracle SPARC SuperCluster is an ideal platform for consolidating SAP applications and infrastructure," said Ganesh Ramamurthy, vice president of engineering, Oracle. "Because the SPARC SuperCluster is a pre-integrated engineered system, it enables data center managers to dramatically reduce their time-to-production for SAP applications to a fraction of what a build-it-yourself approach requires and radically cuts operating and maintenance costs."
- Datasheet: Oracle's SPARC SuperCluster T4-4
- Datasheet: Oracle's SPARC SuperCluster is Now Supported by SAP
- Video Podcast: Oracle SPARC SuperCluster
- Oracle's SPARC T4 Servers
- Oracle Solaris on OTN
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
About Oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4-4
The Oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 is the world's fastest general purpose engineered system, delivering high performance, availability, scalability and security to support and consolidate multi-tier enterprise applications with web, database and application components. The SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 combines Oracle's SPARC T4-4 servers running Oracle Solaris 11 with the database optimization of Oracle Exadata, the accelerated processing of Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud software, and the high throughput and availability of Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance all on a high speed InfiniBand backplane. Part of Oracle's engineered systems family, the SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 demonstrates Oracle's unique ability to innovate and optimize at every layer of technology to simplify data center operations, drive down costs, and accelerate business innovation.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. SAP, SAP NetWeaver and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and several other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Comparison based on individual components of SPARC SuperCluster sold separately.
(2) System comparison based on two Sun Fire E25K servers with 288 cores and EMC VMax SE with 87 TB storage capacity versus one SPARC SuperCluster half rack. The software licensed for these systems is based on number of cores and multipliers including Oracle Database Enterprise Edition.
(3) System comparison based on Sun Fire E6900 and SPARC T3 servers versus one SPARC SuperCluster half rack.
(4) System comparison based on one SPARC Enterprise M9000-32 and EMC2 DMX versus one SPARC SuperCluster half rack.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Servers and Storage Systems, Sun , Oracle, Applications, Storage, Productivity Applications, Security, Database, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Software Development, Services, Software, Misc, Database, Security, Compression, Other Applications, Engineering/Scientific Software, Other, Security, Internet Server Applications, Web Servers, Tools, Management, Germany, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Internet Technology, Business, Family, Other,