|Page (1) of 1 - 07/05/11||email article||print page|
RunInjuryFree 1.0 Hits App Store - Running App to Become a Stronger Runner, First of Its Kind for iPhone(July 05, 2011)
(PRWEB) July 05, 2011
The Swedish developer Contenta Software announced today that the highly awaited running app, RunInjuryFree, has been launched for iPhone. Its now available on the iTunes App Store worldwide.
As much as 65% of all regular runners and 21% of walkers will be hit by an injury this year. By definition, an 'injury' is a physical problem severe enough to force a reduction in training. The new and unique running app, RunInjuryFree, offers solutions to such problems and is at the same time a full-fledge GPS running app to track the runner's workouts with detailed log, curves and achievements to monitor progress.
RunInjuryFree differs a lot from other running apps since it makes sure that training is done in a healthy way, preventing injuries before they happen. Exercises have been chosen especially for runners by sport medicine professionals.
The app provides the following:
- Howtos and illustrations about how to avoid injuries in the first place
- Diagnose help for your current injuries and best practice advices to accelerate recovery of all common feet, ankle, achilles tendon, shin, knee, hip and back problems.
- Warm-up exercises. Perfect before training or competition. It is about dynamic movement to increase functional range and make the body temperature high.
- Stretching. After training, it is time for controlled, static stretching. Perfect to do it in front of TV and it will help relax the muscles group in the short term and increase general flexibility in the long term.
- Strength training for upper body increases respiratory efficiency and body stability. It will help improve performance and help prevent injury.
- Develop lower-body strength to reduce risk of injuries due to muscular imbalance. It will also boost general performances.
- Core conditioning is about activating your important stabilizing muscles to improve efficiency of movement.
- Sitting on that chair all day tighten muscles. You can reverse the imbalances that sitting causes using these simple stretches and strengthening exercises.
- Power training will help maximize stride power. It will increase the running economy by increasing the stiffness of the stride. More floating and shorter ground contact time is the goal.
Additionally the app offers state of the art warm-up and stretching routines as well as many motivational training options with visual and audio feedback:
- Walk/Run mode for runners who have just started with running and needs to get in shape progressively. Alternate running and walking and watch endurance increase. Also perfect for athletes recovering from an injury.
- Target pace training to better reach a goal for a race.
- Interval training mode to train for speed. The secret to become faster and stronger runner is to do interval training once a week.
- Beat yourself mode to achieve always better performance.
RunInjuryFree is available on the App Store at:
Get more information at the official webpage:
Pricing and Availability
RunInjuryFree 1.0 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Health/Fitness category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request at author(at)runinjuryfree-app(dot)com
Contenta Software is a swedish mobile application development company.
All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/7/prweb8616469.htm.
Related Keywords:sports event, sports disciplinary action, sports awards, sport, sports organisations, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), health and beauty product, health, health treatment, health organisations, government health care, private health care, , health and safety at work, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), health insurance, sports organisations, sports event, sports disciplinary action, sports awards, computer crime, arts, culture and entertainment, entertainment (general), entertainment award, computer crime, Commonwealth Games,