|Page (1) of 1 - 11/10/11||email article||print page|
Room 77(TM) Launches Powerful New Hotel Shopping and Booking Engine; Introduces Industry's First Room Concierge - for FreeInstantly Shop & Compare Prices at All Major Online Travel Agencies at Once -- Then Book; Room Concierge Uses Room 77's Proprietary Room IQ to Help Travelers Score a Great Room (November 10, 2011)
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/10/11 -- Room 77, the first travel website to reveal hotel data by room number, is taking its proprietary room intelligence to the next level and introducing the industry's most advanced hotel shopping experience. Starting today, travelers can now use Room 77 to simultaneously shop every major online travel agency and more, compare prices across a variety of room types, and book more than 120,000 hotels worldwide -- all with the confidence Room 77 will do everything possible to get you a great room.
Unlike most travel sites, Room 77 does not stop at the reservation. For three- to five-star hotels booked through Room 77, travelers get access to a complimentary Room Concierge(SM), who leverages Room 77's proprietary RoomMatch(SM) technology to identify the best rooms for each traveler then works directly with the hotel to try to score one on the traveler's behalf.
"No matter where you book a hotel today, your actual room is still a gamble. Room 77 stacks the odds in the traveler's favor by combining the power of our room IQ with advanced search technology and unprecedented service to get you the right room at the right hotel for the right price," said Brad Gerstner, founder of Room 77. "The vast majority of travelers who book at online travel sites feel like they get the worst or average rooms today(1). We want travelers to rest assured that when they use Room 77 they not only get a great deal but they also get a great room because our Room Concierge has their back."
Shopping for and booking hotels online has never been as easy or as comprehensive as with Room 77. Features and highlights include:
- Shop and compare real-time pricing on all major online travel agencies at once. Room 77 reveals prices directly in the search results, without annoying pop-up windows, for a variety of sites including Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheaptickets and a host of others. This makes it easy to evaluate all options in a single search then choose where to book -- on Room 77 or a partner site.
- Compare pricing for multiple room categories in unique grid view. Room 77's unique grid view lets you instantly compare prices for multiple hotel room categories at once. By contrast, most other shopping sites only show you the cheapest room. This added transparency helps you quickly discover things like the next category room has more space and a better view for just $25 more per night, or that a 1000-square-foot suite at the Grand Hyatt in Seattle is considerably less than the entry-level room at the Four Seasons just down the street. Results can also be viewed in a list or map view.
- Refine hotel search with unique filters. Travelers can refine a hotel search based on unique hotel and room criteria, such as view type, free Wi-Fi, free parking, free breakfast and free airport shuttle in addition to common filters, such as price, star ratings, location, and amenities. For example, if you want a hotel with an ocean view and free Wi-Fi in a particular neighborhood, just set the appropriate filters and instantly see the hotels that match your criteria.
- Quickly scan hotel fees from search results. To better assess value, Room 77 makes it easy to identify those additional fees that can quickly add up, such as charges for valet and self parking, Wi-Fi, pets, gym, resort usage, rollaway bed, etc.
- Browse Room 77's Room IQ. For thousands of hotels, Room 77 shares insider tips its team has "Heard in the Lobby," offering advice on the best rooms for views, quietness and size, as well as:
- Popular RoomView(SM) technology, simulating the actual view from each hotel room using patent-pending 3D mapping technology,
- Digitized hotel maps of floor plans,
- Traveler reviews and interior photos by room number, as available.
- Access the industry's first Room Concierge -- for free. When booking a three- to five-star hotel on Room 77, you just share a few room preferences then the Room Concierge gets to work. Using Room 77's RoomMatch technology and insider knowledge, the Room Concierge identifies the best rooms for each traveler then works directly with hotels behind the scenes to score one. Within 48 hours prior to arrival, you will receive a message with the status of the room request and, when possible, a confirmation of specific room number. Travelers are also armed with additional hotel information, including suggested rooms and additional hotel-specific tips to increase their odds of getting a preferred room at check in.
Room 77 remains in public beta and will be adding new features and functionality on a regular basis. All bookings are currently available in U.S. dollars, and the ability to book in international currencies will be included in future updates. Hotel information, RoomMatch and RoomView technologies are available on Room 77's popular mobile app for iPhone and Android devices, and mobile booking capabilities will be added in the near future.
NOTE TO MEDIA/BLOGGERS: Screen shots and logos are available by request at pr [at] room77 [dot] com. A video on Room 77 is available for download here.
(1) According to a survey conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of Room 77 of more than 2,115 U.S. adults, of those who have booked a hotel using online travel sites (i.e., Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, etc.), 93 percent believe they get the worst or average room as a result of using the sites.
Room 77 is a trademark and RoomMatch, RoomView and Room Concierge are service marks of Room 77, Inc.
About Room 77
Room 77 offers the most advanced hotel shopping experience on the Web today, allowing travelers to simultaneously compare prices across major travel sites, shop a variety of room types, and book more than 120,000 hotels worldwide. Travelers who book on Room 77 also get access to a complimentary Room Concierge(SM) who utilizes Room 77's proprietary RoomMatch(SM) technology to identify the best rooms for each traveler then works directly with the hotel to secure one. Room 77 is the first travel platform with Room IQ, revealing valuable data such as square footage, bed type, distance from elevator, etc., which is a core asset to Room 77's search platform. Officially founded in 2009, Room 77 has raised $13.5 million to date from leading entrepreneurs and institutional investors, including PAR Capital Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Felicis Ventures, among others. Room 77 is available on the Web and via iPhone and Android apps. For more information, visit the Room 77 blog or follow the company on Facebook (www.facebook.com/bestrooms) and Twitter (@Room_77).
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1796929
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: travel, online travel, hotels, rooms, concierge, hotel search, hotel booking, USA,Marketwire, Inc., ,Apple Computer,Pets,Internet Technology,Adults,Other,