|Page (1) of 1 - 03/29/12||email article||print page|
Rocket Fuel CTO to Speak at Data Summit 2.0Mark Torrance to Speak on Panel About Advertising and Personalization Data at Leading Big Data Conference to Be Held April 3, 2012 in San Francisco (March 29, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/29/12 -- Rocket Fuel, the leading provider of artificial-intelligence advertising solutions for digital marketers, today announced that CTO Mark Torrance will speak on a panel at Data 2.0 Summit, the only conference to examine the intersection of Big Data, Social Data, and Cloud Data.
- Torrance will join on the "Advertising and Personalization Data" panel scheduled for 3pm. The CEOs of BlueKai, eXelate, and Bizo, and executives from Clearspring Technologies and Neustar IP Intelligence, will also speak on the panel. During the panel, the speakers will debate issues and opportunities in leveraging cookie data, IP data, retargeting data, social data, klout scores, public records, and customer intelligence databases to personalize digital advertising. Torrance will share proven best practices large brand advertisers have used to turn advertising into a precise one-to-one science.
- A noted data analytics expert, Torrance is responsible for Rocket Fuel's core technology development around predictive modeling and optimization for real-time bidding. Torrance studied Artificial Intelligence at Stanford and MIT, where in 1994 he left his PhD and academic career behind to blaze a trail of entrepreneurship on the newly-emerging Web. He started StockMaster.com as a hobby, then traffic quickly grew and it became the largest stock quote site on the planet. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in symbolic systems from Stanford University and a Master of Science (S.M.) degree in electrical engineering and computer science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Over 500 participants from over 200 tech companies are expected at Data 2.0 Summit to discuss convened the new online data ecosystem of API's, social data, geo data, data-as-a-service, and big data.
- Rocket Fuel recently announced that it was among Data 2.0 Summit's Top 100 innovators in the cloud data space -- and the only company to win in two separate categories (Advertising & Targeting Data & API / Data Service Infrastructure).
- About Data 2.0 Summit: http://data2summit.com/
- About Mark Torrance: http://rocketfuel.com/company/bio/mark-torrance
- Follow Rocket Fuel on Twitter: @rocketfuelinc
- Follow Rocket Fuel on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rocketfuelinc
About Rocket Fuel:
Rocket Fuel is the leading provider of artificial-intelligence advertising solutions that transform digital media buys into self-optimizing engines that learn and adapt in real-time, and deliver outstanding marketing results from awareness to sales. Over 400 of the world's leading brands rely on Rocket Fuel to power their advertising programs across display, video, mobile, and social media. Founded by online advertising veterans and rocket scientists from NASA, Yahoo!, DoubleClick, and Salesforce.com, Rocket Fuel is based in Redwood Shores, California, and has offices in eleven cities worldwide including New York, London, and Toronto.
©2012 Rocket Fuel Inc. Rocket Fuel Inc. is a registered trademark of Rocket Fuel Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: big data, digital advertising, machine learning, cloud data, mark torrance, artificial intelligence, Sales, Advertising, Marketing, Sales & Marketing, Internet, Social Media, Sales, Sales, Display, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , Internet Technology, Space Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Other,