|Page (1) of 1 - 03/28/12||email article||print page|
Rocket Fuel Appoints Former CFO of PeopleSoft to BoardSuccessful and Fast-Growing Ad Tech Company Readies for Next Round of International Expansion and Potential IPO With Key Board Appointment (March 28, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/28/12 -- Rocket Fuel, the leading provider of artificial-intelligence advertising solutions for digital marketers, today announced that it has appointed Ron Codd, a proven financial executive and former CFO of PeopleSoft, to its Board of Directors.
- Ron Codd will join Rocket Fuel's Board of Directors as Audit Committee Chair, bringing his experience managing financial operations at high-growth, pre-IPO, and public technology companies as Rocket Fuel continues to expand worldwide. Codd has worked for over 30 years with high-growth technology companies in financial and general management roles. Most recently, he served as interim CEO of micro fuel cell maker UltraCell and CEO of software company Momentum Business Applications.
- From 1991 to 1998, Codd was CFO and SVP Finance and Administration at PeopleSoft, where he managed the company's successful IPO in 1992 and oversaw growth in annual revenues from $15M to $1.5B. He has also held senior positions with MIPS Computer Systems, Wyse Technology, and Tandem Computers.
- Codd presently serves on the boards of Service-Now, Veeva Systems, DROBO, and SeaMicro, and has served on over a dozen other boards including Agile Software, Data Domain, DemandTec, and Interwoven.
Rocket Fuel Continues Rapid Growth
- Codd joins Rocket Fuel at a time of rapid expansion. In 2011, the company doubled employee headcount to 132, nearly tripled revenue, and opened new offices in London, Boston, and Detroit. The company now has 11 offices across the U.S. and worldwide.
- Rocket Fuel recently hired Peter Bardwick as CFO, Eric Porres as CMO, rounding out an executive team that includes business leaders and Ph.D computer scientists with deep experience from organizations such as NASA, DoubleClick, Salesforce.com, Oracle, and IBM.
- In the past few months, Rocket Fuel has been recognized for its cutting-edge digital advertising technology and phenomenal growth rate. The company was named #22 on the Forbes Most Promising Companies in America list, awarded the OnMedia 100 for the third year in a row, honored with the AlwaysOn Global 250 Award, and recently named a top 100 innovator in two categories by Data 2.0 conference.
- "This past year has been one of phenomenal growth for Rocket Fuel -- doubling our number of employees, nearly tripling revenue, reaching profitability, expanding internationally, and making key executive hires," said George John, CEO of Rocket Fuel. "As the company positions for another year of stellar growth and a potential IPO, we're thrilled to welcome Ron to the team."
- "Rocket Fuel has pioneered a revolutionary advertising technology, and I'm honored to join the Board of Directors for such a fast-growing, profitable company," said Ron Codd, Audit Committee Chair on Rocket Fuel's Board of Directors. "Rocket Fuel's sophisticated platform perfects the science of prediction, and their approach has led to unparalleled advertising effectiveness and performance for successful marketers. I see significant future growth prospects as Rocket Fuel expands its solutions into other addressable media channels, verticals, and international territories."
- "Speaking on behalf of the board, we are thrilled to add Ron as a board member and audit committee chair," said Bill Ericson, General Partner at Mohr Davidow Ventures. "George has assembled Rocket Fuel's board with a perfectly calibrated collection of personalities and experiences to help build a legendary company."
- About Rocket Fuel
- Follow Rocket Fuel on Twitter
- Follow Rocket Fuel on Facebook
- Read the Rocket Fuel Blog
About Rocket Fuel:
Rocket Fuel is the leading provider of artificial-intelligence advertising solutions that transform digital media buys into self-optimizing engines that learn and adapt in real-time, and deliver outstanding marketing results from awareness to sales. Over 400 of the world's leading brands rely on Rocket Fuel to power their advertising programs across display, video, mobile, and social media. Founded by online advertising veterans and rocket scientists from NASA, Yahoo!, DoubleClick, and Salesforce.com, Rocket Fuel is based in Redwood Shores, California, and has offices in eleven cities worldwide including New York, London, and Toronto.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: ron codd, digital advertising, board of directors, rocket fuel inc, Sales, Applications, Advertising, Marketing, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Computer Technology, Internet, Mobile Devices, Administration, Social Media, Internet Server Applications, Management, Finance/Accounting, Sales, CEO/CFO, CMO, Finance/Accounting, Sales, Computers/Peripherals, Display, Business, Computer, Workstation/CPU, Marketing, USA, Marketwire, , Financial, Green Technology, Space Science, Business, Science, Other,