|Page (1) of 1 - 03/29/11||email article||print page|
Roadify Adds a Social Element to Transit and Traffic Reports to Create NYC's First Dynamic Commuting PlatformAlerts and Updates From Fellow Commuters Combined With Maps, Delays and Schedules Provide Users With Accurate Conditions Instantly for Any Subway, Bus or Car in NYC (March 29, 2011)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 03/29/11 -- Roadify today announced major enhancements to its mobile service to better serve New York drivers and straphangers. By combining on-the-spot reports from commuters with published service alerts, traffic reports, and more, Roadify is making the often-tedious task of getting commuting info easy, quick and even fun.
Roadify builds on open public data from sources like the MTA and NYC DoT, as well as privately-sourced data for services like NYC gas and garage pricing. The platform then enables commuters to give updates about the whereabouts or condition of any subway, bus, parking spot, or traffic crossing in NYC. This crowdsourcing adds a human element to the often-technical data and makes for a more accurate idea of what's really happening.
"[Roadify] is tremendously helpful. I love arriving on the subway platform just in time to catch my train, or grabbing my bus just as it pulls up to the stop. You've brought enormous clarity to what was a maddeningly opaque system." -- Matthew L., Roadify User
Roadify's base has grown to over 18,000 New Yorkers, following the app recently being voted the #1 'Getting Around NYC' app in the city sponsored BigApps Competition. The upgraded iPhone app announced today focuses on the company's "Now You Know" campaign, which aims to take the hassle and confusion out of getting reliable commuting conditions.
With Roadify, transit riders can:
- Share on-the-spot condition for all NYC subway lines, including SIR and Shuttles.
- Report bus locations and create real-time ETAs for other riders.
- Access officially licensed MTA maps, schedules, service alerts & changes.
- Personalize the app to easily find lines used most often.
- Share updates to Twitter and Facebook to ensure friends and coworkers know.
With Roadify, drivers can:
- Compare hyperlocal Bridge and Tunnel crossing options and see recommend routes in a single tap with DecisionPoint Traffic.
- Get cheap gas with real-time gas prices and locations.
- Find local garage prices and locations.
- Find or share free on-street parking in the neighborhood with Roadify's real-time street spot finder.
Start using Roadify now. Download the free iPhone app at http://bit.ly/WelcomeToRoadify.
Find more information about the company and the Roadify community at www.Roadify.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Roadify, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Other,