|Page (1) of 1 - 04/06/09||email article||print page|
RideCharge Kicks-Off the Boston Taxi Party With Taxi Magic for iPhone and BlackBerry(April 06, 2009)
ALEXANDRIA, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/06/09 --
- RideCharge today announces the availability of Taxi Magic for iPhone and BlackBerry for Boston, MA. Local residents now have access to this innovative iPhone and BlackBerry taxi booking technology.
- Taxi Magic by RideCharge gives passengers the ability to book over 200 cabs with Boston Metro Cab, the city's largest taxi-cab fleet. Taxi Magic solves the biggest hassle in taxi travel: booking taxis that will actually show up, and not having to carry cash to pay for the taxi.
- All Boston Taxis will be mandated to include credit card payment options by June 2009. Taxi Magic lets passengers book and pay for rides by credit card, right away.
- The "magic" is that RideCharge connects passengers' iPhone or BlackBerry directly to taxi companies' dispatch and cashiering systems, letting passengers book a taxi instantly. This connectivity also provides real-time updates that the car is on the way, what the driver's name and car number are, and when it will arrive, eliminating the uncertainty of knowing whether your taxi will show.
- BlackBerry users can download the Taxi Magic application from BlackBerry App World, or just send a blank e-mail from their BlackBerry to firstname.lastname@example.org. iPhone users can download the Taxi Magic application from iTunes, and anyone can book a taxi online at www.RideCharge.com.
- "RideCharge is a great, easy to use service to hail a taxi. Sometimes there can be no bigger hassle than trying to find a cab or fumbling to find the cash to pay for it. With RideCharge I can book a ride and pay for it with just a few convenient clicks on my phone."
-- Josh Nussbaum, RideCharge user
- "Dealing with Boston cabs was never at the top of my 'favorite things to do list.' You were always on hold and that can be detrimental in the morning if you have an early flight. RideCharge now makes it so easy. I make my reservation the night before for my weekly Monday airport run and then my phone rings in the morning when the cab pulls up. I pay through the phone and I'm off without worrying about leaving my business credit card in the cab or losing a tiny paper receipt. It's really made me one happy camper."
-- Melissa Feild, RideCharge User
RideCharge's Direct Connect Taxi booking and expense management engine has revolutionized how people book and pay for taxi service nationwide. RideCharge for Business enterprise solutions help streamline corporate ground transportation costs.
More information about RideCharge is available at http://www.ridecharge.com
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=954043
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=954044
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Taxi Magic, RideCharge, Boston, iPhone, BlackBerry, BlackBerry App World, taxi, Boston Metro Cab , Marketwire, Apple Computer, Business,