|Page (1) of 1 - 03/25/05||email article||print page|
Research and Markets: Animated Movies at All-Time High
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c14583) has announced the addition of Animated Movies: US and European Market Assessment to their offering. Animated Movies: US and European Market Assessment is a new report analysing the US and European markets for feature film animation. As well as a detailed analysis of admissions and market shares in US and key European territories between 1997 and 2003, the report lists all admissions and box office of all animated titles in the USA and eight European territories. The report also looks at US and European production budgets, key producers and how the trend towards 3D animation techniques is changing the animated movie environment. This report is an indispensable tool for anyone aiming to capitalise on or understand the current opportunities in animated movie-making.
- Production of animated movies is at an all-time high, buoyed by high box office returns for CGI movies and the strong DVD market. Every one of the major US studios is now involved in producing animation features.
- Some 81 animated movies were produced and released theatrically in Europe between 1997 and 2003. This compares to only 150 animated films produced in Europe before 1997.
- Admissions to animated movies were 95m in the USA and 74m in Europe in 2003.
- US films captured 88% of European animated admissions in 2003,compared to 9% for European and 3% for Japanese movies.
- Finding Nemo was the most successful animated film in the last five years, grossing euro 506m in the USA and euro 205m in Europe
- European animated movies have suffered from small budgets and piecemeal distribution strategies. However, several big budget European animated films are due for release in the next few years,including Sprung! The Magic Roundabout, Valiant, the Wallace and Gromit Movie, Asterix and the Vikings and Arthur.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Animated movies in the USA
- Animated movies in Europe
- Production budgets for animated movies
- Leading animated movies in Europe and the USA
- Admissions of animated films in the USA
- Admissions of animated films in Europe
- Market shares breakdown in Europe
- Challenges facing European animation
Related Keywords:Research and Markets, Animation trends, Animated Movies