|Page (1) of 1 - 03/01/12||email article||print page|
Report From Zenprise Cloud Offers Details on Corporate Adoption of Mobile DevicesIdentifies Commonly Blacklisted Mobile Apps; Names Most Common Mobile Operating Systems; Pinpoints Most Frequently Deployed Access and Security Policies (March 01, 2012)
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/01/12 -- Zenprise®, Inc., the leader in secure mobile device management (MDM), today released a report that sheds new light on how enterprise organizations are embracing the "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) to work trend.
The Zenprise MDM Cloud Report draws data from the Zencloud solution to identify key trends in enterprise mobile device adoption. The report, assembled from Q4 2011 data, includes insights into which mobile applications are being blacklisted* and whitelisted** and the potential drivers for each, which mobile operating systems are most prevalent in the enterprise, and which security policies are being implemented for mobile devices.
"This report finds two overarching concerns in corporations over employees using personal mobile devices at work -- security and a potential loss of productivity," said Ahmed Datoo, Zenprise CMO. "As the BYOD trend continues to gain momentum, we expect that advances in mobile device management will offset these concerns and companies will start viewing mobile devices as increasingly critical tools for business success."
Among the key trends in this report:
- Productivity concerns have landed Angry Birds, Facebook and Web browsers at the top of the heap amongst the most blacklisted mobile applications. Dropbox and Evernote also made the list over concerns about potential data leakage.
- Citrix, Xora and Adobe were amongst the most whitelisted mobile applications.
- The number of blacklisted applications is nearly twice that of whitelisted apps, indicating that companies are embracing mobile device deployments to accommodate employee-owned devices, for which application choice is an important driver.
- Apple iOS is the most common operating system for devices at 57 percent enrollment, followed by Android with 33 percent and Windows Mobile with 10 percent. As Nokia rolls out its next generation of devices on the Windows platform, Zenprise expects that number to grow in future reports.
- North America leads in the adoption of a cloud-based MDM solution representing two-thirds of Zencloud enrollments during the report period.
- Basic access and security policies are also the most commonly deployed. Passcode policies have been deployed for 29 percent of enrollments while another 29 percent of enrollments have VPN policies in place. These policies are followed by restriction as a policy was 14 percent. Examples of things that were restricted include device resources and applications such as camera, Bluetooth, iTunes or the Android Marketplace.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zenprise is the leader in secure mobile device management. Only Zenprise protects all layers of the mobile enterprise, keeping organizations secure and compliant. Zenprise MobileManager and Zencloud let IT say "yes" to mobile device choice while safeguarding sensitive corporate data, shielding the network from mobile threats, and maintaining compliance with regulatory and corporate policies. This gives IT peace of mind, lets executives take their businesses mobile, and makes employees productive while on the go.
Zenprise's extensive list of global customers and partners spans a cross-section of countries and vertical industries including: aerospace and defense, financial services, healthcare, oil and gas, legal, telecommunications, retail, entertainment, and federal, state and local governments.
For more information about Zenprise, please visit www.zenprise.com or follow us on the Zenprise blog (http://www.zenprise.com/blog), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/zenprise) and Twitter (@zenprise_inc).
*Blacklist refers to the list of mobile applications that the administrator has identified as non-compliant or malicious. The administrator can set a policy to block blacklisted applications from the network, or allow and monitor them.
**Whitelist refers to the list of mobile applications that the administrator has identified as required. The administrator can set a policy to block applications that do not have these applications installed from the network, or allow and monitor them.
© 2012 Zenprise, Inc. All rights reserved. Zenprise is a registered trademark, and Zenprise MobileManager and Zencloud are trademarks of Zenprise Inc. All third-party trademarks, trade names, or service marks may be claimed as the property of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1904385
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1904389
+1 650 395 6957
Cristina Thai or Allison Zigulis
North of Nine Communications
+1 415 268 4800
Max Tatton-Brown/ Andrea Berghäll
+44 208 408 8000
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: mobile device manangement, mobile security, Marketwire, Inc., , Financial, Communications Technology, Internet Technology, Computer Science, Business, Entertainment, Browsers,