|Page (1) of 1 - 07/25/02||email article||print page|
Reindeer Releases Optipix for PhotoshopPlugin corrects common problems with digital photos
The Optipix package consists of several individual plugins that work in both 8- and 16-bit-per-channel modes. These include:
- Auto Contrast, which enhances overexposed or underexposed images without affecting image color;
- Blend Exposures, which can blend an overexposed image with an underexposed image;
- Add to Buffer and Show Average, which, together, add multiple images (up to 30,000) to average them and generate a higher-quality image;
- Nudge, for numerically moving selections;
- Edge Enhancer, which smoothes noise and enhances object edges;
- Safe Sharpen, which preserves color and enhances the edges of an image.
Using the plugins in NLEs that support Photoshop plugins, the Add To Buffer and Show Average filters can also be used to capture and average multiple frames from a movie file to provide sharper output.
The software, available now for Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows, sells for $99. For more information, visit http://www.reindeergraphics.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Reindeer Releases Optipix for Photoshop Plugin corrects common problems with digital photos
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved