|Page (1) of 1 - 04/25/12||email article||print page|
RedSeal Networks Webinar: Building Security Metrics That MatterLeading Proactive Security Management Provider Reopens Metrics Debate; Reveals RSA Survey Results During April 26 Webinar (April 25, 2012)
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/25/12 -- RedSeal Networks will host a groundbreaking thought leadership webinar "Security Metrics that Matter: Improving Visibility and Effectiveness" hosted by Dr. Mike Lloyd, chief technology officer at RedSeal Networks, on April 26 at 10 a.m. PDT.
Building on his widely recognized and heavily attended presentation at the BSidesSF Conference in February, Dr. Lloyd will continue to advance the case for renewed debate over the use of quantitative metrics to measure the overall effectiveness and performance of enterprise security strategy and network defenses.
While some industry pundits have labeled the security metrics movement as dead in the water after years scant progress in terms of adoption, he claims to have unlocked the potential for use of such indicators by tying the figures more closely to matters of network access, real-world vulnerability exposure and the underlying business value of specific IT assets.
According to a survey conducted by RedSeal and Dimensional Research at the RSA Security Conference 2012, security professionals admit that they're buried in a virtual avalanche of information produced by their existing security solutions, and feel unable to extract key figures to inform their decisions. Despite the perception among some experts that the security metrics movement has stalled, respondents expressed a significant desire for new methods to measure risk, compliance and overall network protection.
Dr. Lloyd's talk will focus on specific issues related to the debate including:
- Why previous management via metrics have under-delivered
- The need to tie measurement to underlying business value
- How you can build metrics that truly measure effectiveness
Additionally, preliminary results of the RedSeal Networks' RSA Conference Report, based on 772 security professionals surveyed at the annual industry summit, will be released including:
- Information Overload
- 73% said data volume makes it hard to filter, analyze and assess changes in risk
- 46% stated their security tools fail to provide data with analysis to make it actionable
- 41% do not have a real-time view of the their security standing
- Gambling With the Unknown
- Only 11% said their network was under security control 100% of the time
- 33% revealed that improvement of endpoint security was the top priority in 2012
- 15% stated they do not use new information to update their security solution
- Security Tools Must Evolve
- 81% said solutions with improved metrics would increase security effectiveness
- 69% indicated that the pursuit of actionable metrics was worthwhile and not just hype
To attend the RedSeal Networks' "Security Metrics that Matter: Improving Visibility and Effectiveness" webinar, please follow the below link at 10 a.m. PDT on Thursday, April 26. All webinar attendees will receive a complimentary copy of RedSeal Networks' RSA Conference Report.
Webinar address: http://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/7245/44585
About RedSeal Networks, Inc.
RedSeal Networks is the leading provider of proactive enterprise security management solutions that enable organizations to continually monitor, assess and fortify their cyber-defenses while automating compliance. The RedSeal platform enables businesses and government agencies to visualize, model and analyze complex network and security control interactions across their entire network of firewalls, routers, load balancers and hosts. With RedSeal, organizations can better understand their security state and regulatory compliance, identify the inherent risk to their operations and critical assets, and drive actions that reduce the risks associated with associated with cybertheft and cyberespionage. For more information, visit RedSeal at www.redsealnetworks.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: redseal, continuous monitoring, risk assessment, threat management, vulnerability management, Security,Management,Marketwire, ,IT (Information Technology),Security,Business,