|Page (1) of 1 - 10/11/05||email article||print page|
Red Giant Software Releases Magic Bullet Editors 2Real-time film look plug-in for desktop video editors (October 11, 2005)
Red Giant Software today announced the availability of Magic Bullet Editors 2, the world's first real-time film look plug-in for desktop video editors. Using the new DeepColor RT GPU render engine, Magic Bullet Editors 2 Look Suite plug-in now runs up to 12x faster than the CPU alone-allowing users to do real-time film look treatments on the desktop in standard definition.
"Magic Bullet users love the film looks for their incredible quality, but have asked for one thing: more speed," said Sean Safreed Red Giant Software co-founder. "Now with a sub-$500 graphics card, users can get the same quality but with real-time playback and super-fast render times."
"Magic Bullet Editors 2 paired with an NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT provides a radical performance boost," said, feature film director, Stephen David Brooks. "My first film, HEADS N TAILZ, won the Fusion Audience Award at the 2005 Dances with Films festival and I was offered the opening night screening in 2006. With this major update to Magic Bullet Editors, I decided to make an HDV feature called KANICA JONES for the next event."
Based on The Orphanage's award-winning Magic Bullet technology, Look Suite delivers film stock emulation, diffusion filters, and easy-to-use film-look presets inspired by popular productions, such as The Matrix, Saving Private Ryan, Traffic, Amélie, The Island, and the CSI TV series. Magic Bullet Editors' 65 custom-designed Looks alter shading, contrast, and tints of scenes to mimic the elusive look of film. Users can choose preset Looks from a pop-up menu or customize and save their own film treatments.
The Magic Bullet Editors 2 package offers 16 plug-ins including Look Suite, a tool for mimicking various film processes and shooting styles; MB Deartifacter, a new plug-in for cleaning up DV and HDV chroma problems; and Misfire plug-ins for generating a wide variety of damaged film characteristics. Magic Bullet Editors 2 also adds support for Apple Motion 2, in addition to the existing applications: Avid AVX 1.5 systems, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Sony Vegas.
New Features in Magic Bullet Editors 2.
* Windows XP users can expect real time Look Suite acceleration with NVIDIA 6800 Ultra or 7800 series graphics cards with playback acceleration more than 12 times faster than the CPU.
* Mac OS X users will see up to 8x times faster playback acceleration with high-end graphics cards.
* MB Deartifacter, a new Compression Correction plug-in to remove DV and HDV artifacts.
* Apple Motion 2 support with included FxPlug.
* 10 new Look presets to emulate movie looks and film treatments.
MAC OS System Requirements
* NVIDIA 6800 or ATI equivalent graphics cards with 256 MB VRAM or more (required for GPU acceleration) see www.redgiantsoftware.com for complete compatibility list.
* Apple Power Mac G5 (dual-processor recommended).
* Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later and 512 MB of RAM or more.
* Apple Final Cut Pro 4.5 or later.
* Apple Motion 2.0 or later.
* Avid Xpress Pro 4.6 or later
Windows System Requirements
* NVIDIA 6800 or 7800 series graphics cards (or professional Quadro cards) with 256 MB VRAM or more (required for GPU acceleration) see www.redgiantsoftware.com for complete compatibility list.
* Intel Pentium 4 single or dual-processor system or equivalent.
* Windows XP and 512 MB of RAM or more.
* Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 or later.
* Sony Vegas 5.0 or later.
* Avid Xpress Pro 4.5 or later.
Magic Bullet Editors is available now through Red Giant Software for $395 USD. Upgrades from any previous version of Magic Bullet Editors are $99 (download) or $149 (box). Visit www.redgiantsoftware.com for additional product information.
About The Orphanage
Founded by former Industrial Light + Magic visual effects artists Jonathan Rothbart, Stuart Maschwitz, and Scott Stewart, The Orphanage (www.theorphanage.com) is focused on high-end VFX services and animation for features and broadcast, original motion picture and television production, and digital filmmaking technology development. Its first commercialized technology, the groundbreaking digital filmmaking software Magic Bullet Suite, was introduced at the 2000 National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas, Nevada.
About Red Giant Software
Red Giant Software LLC is a San Francisco-based company that develops and distributes professional tools for digital video production. Products are available as plug-ins for popular video editing and effects applications including Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid AVX Systems, Sony Vegas and more. The products are based on production-proven technology developed by visual effects veterans.
For more information visit www.redgiantsoftware.com.
Related Keywords:Red Giant Software, Magic Bullet Editors 2, DeepColor RT, NVIDIA, render, Look Suite, Apple Motion 2, Avid AVX, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas,