|Page (1) of 1 - 05/18/11||email article||print page|
Real Software Helps Beginner Software Developer Hit Home Run With CoachStat(May 18, 2011)
Austin, TX (PRWEB) May 18, 2011
Real Software, creator of cross-platform software development tools, today announced that CoachStat, a new baseball statistics management application for Macs, was developed using Real Studio by beginner programmers Les Kern and Steve Lutzow. The new application has already been used by more than 400 people on four continents, and produces $10,000 a year in supplemental income. Because of the application, baseball coaches who work on Macs can now access a full-featured baseball team management program that automates their teams statistics and other tasks, without relying on their previously tedious and time-consuming manual processes.
For Les Kern and Steve Lutzow, CoachStats success is just the beginning. After realizing how easy it is to work with Real Studio, the duo are growing their business with several other applications due out in 2011.
When Les Kern, the Director of Technology for an Illinois school district, was tasked with finding a baseball stats program for his co-worker and school baseball coach to use on their school-issued Macs, he assumed there was something out there that would work. After an exhaustive search, he found the only offerings were for PCs. Rather than purchasing a PC he decided to develop a program on his own. With a demanding full time job, Les reached out to a friend, Steve Lutzow, to help with the project. Les had 20 years of IT management expertise, but he had no training or knowledge of any programming languages and had never built a software application before. He wanted a software development tool that was easy to use and had cross-platform capabilities, a full feature set and a strong development community.
The Real Solution
Les determined that Real Softwares Desktop Edition product was the best choice because of the following features:
- Cross-platform: Real Studio supports Windows, Mac and Linux with almost no extra effort. Unlike other cross-platform development tools, Real Studio creates a proper user interface for each platform using native controls for each platform.
- Easy to Use: Because Real Studio provides drag and drop interface building, people can get a lot of development without writing any code at all. With Real Studio, users can learn incrementally so they can start making progress on applications right away.
- Tutorials and Curriculum Guide: Real Studio includes hundreds of example projects to reference. And the Tutorial and QuickStart Guide walk users through creating real-world applications and familiarizing themselves with the Real Studio tools and commands.
- Rapid application development: Real Studio is a rapid application development environment that gives programmers the power to write, test and ship software four times faster than C++ or Java.
- Interface toolset: Real Studio allows for implementation of dynamic, on-the-fly menus and interface elements, which can change based on database queries, image formats and conditional checks.
- Migration: Users are free to sell the applications created with Real Studio or give them away for free without ever paying a fee to Real Software. For users coming to Real Studio from VB5, VB6 or .NET, Real Software offers a migration assistant to help transition their code.
Supporting Quotes Les Kern, Technical Director, Illinois District 111
- We saw an opportunity to provide a value for baseball coaches throughout the school district and around the world.
- Real Studio is incredibly easy to use, yet has all the capabilities anyone could possibly want, and it was a joy to work with and create this.
- After seeing what we could do with Real Software we decided quickly Why not start a company and sell this online? Now I have so much pride saying I have a software company and were growing it with new applications in the works.
- On average our coaches save hours of time and have a plethora of information they wouldnt have otherwise.
- Your software is working great for our team! We are now even sending our game summary report directly from CoachStat to the local paper after each game so they instantly have the stats for our games to report in the paper the next day - Awesome!" Pete B. - Crescent Valley Raiders High School varsity softball team - Corvallis, Oregon
CoachStat is a full-featured baseball statistics management program that allows coaches to enter demographics, pictures, opponents, schedules, practices, and contacts. It includes a Season Journal and events calendar, along with a place for equipment inventory. Unlike other products out there, it even includes printable baseball cards and comprehensive reports, including user defined stats. CoachStat Baseball can also generate web reports showing all team statistics, which can be sent directly to the local papers.
About Real Studio
Real Studio, formerly Realbasic, is a full-featured cross-platform software development tool suited to creating a wide range of applications, from utilities to enterprise-class applications. Real Studio Personal Edition for Windows, Linux or Mac OS X is priced at $99 and is geared for hobbyists and students. Real Studio Professional Edition, required for cross-platform (Mac OS X, Windows and Linux) compilation, is $299. Real Studio Enterprise Edition, made for full-time developers, is priced at $995, and offers the ability to develop and deploy on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, and the web. Real Studio Web Edition is now available and priced at $599. For more information or to download Real Studio today, visit Real Software at http://www.realsoftware.com/download.
About Real Software
Real Software provides Real Studio, a cross-platform desktop, console and web development tool. Real Software was founded in 1996 and is based in Austin, Texas. For more information visit http://www.realsoftware.com or call 866.825.2114.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/5/prweb8448621.htm.
Related Keywords:computer crime, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, computing and information technology, satellite technology, software, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, internet, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, baseball, Major League Baseball (North American Professional) - American League, Major League Baseball (North American Professional) - National League, Major League Baseball (North American Professional) - Special (e.g. All-Star, World Series),