|Page (1) of 1 - 03/26/12||email article||print page|
Rapid Adoption of Smartphone and Tablet Devices Nets Google More Advertising DollarsAdvertisers Will More Than Double Mobile Paid-Search Budgets in 2012; Mobile Ad Revenue for Google Growing 4 to 8 Times Faster Than Desktop Revenue (March 26, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/26/12 -- The rapid adoption of smart mobile devices, such as the iPhone and the iPad, is changing how consumers interact with search engines, and advertisers are paying attention. According to a report released today by Marin Software, the leading online advertising management platform for advertisers and agencies, smartphones and tablets will account for 25% of Google's U.S. paid search clicks by December 2012, up from 5% in January 2011. A comparison of click through rates show that consumers are far more likely to engage with search engine ads on smart mobile devices compared to desktop computers.
The popularity of these mobile devices coupled with their ad performance will result in a surge of new ad dollars for Google in 2012.
- In 2011, paid search clicks from mobile devices on Google increased 132% from January to December. By December 2012, Marin Software projects smart mobile devices will generate 25% of all paid-search clicks on Google as a result of the explosive adoption of smartphones and tablets.
- Consumers are much more engaged with search ads on smartphones and tablets as opposed to desktops, as evidenced by click through rates that are respectively 72% and 31% higher.
- Search ads on smart mobile devices also have lower costs-per-click than desktop ads. This difference, in cost coupled with higher click-through rates on mobile, creates favorable performance conditions for advertisers and increased demand for mobile ads.
- As a result of these trends, Marin Software estimates large advertisers will more than double their mobile search budgets in 2012, helping Google's mobile search business grow between 4 and 8 times faster than their desktop business.
- Marin Software's report, "The State of Mobile Search Advertising in the U.S.," outlines the key trends, projections and optimization strategies for advertisers seeking to get the most from their mobile paid-search campaigns. The full report can be downloaded at: marinsoftware.com/resources/whitepapers/2012-mobile-advertising-report.
- "Mobile cuts across all online marketing channels, whether search, display, or social," said Matt Lawson, Vice President of Marketing and Partnerships at Marin Software. "Much like the desktop market, however, search represents the largest destination for mobile ad budgets. The combination of explosive user adoption of mobile devices, coupled with favorable performance characteristics for ads, makes mobile search an increasingly critical growth opportunity for both advertisers and Google."
About Marin Software:
Marin Software is a leading provider of online advertising management solutions, offering an integrated platform for managing search, social, display, and mobile marketing. The company provides solutions for advertisers and agencies, enabling them to improve financial performance, save time, and make better decisions. Marin Enterprise, the company's flagship product, addresses the needs of online marketers spending at least $100,000 per month on biddable media. Marin Professional delivers the same power and ease of use as Marin Enterprise, through an application designed for marketers spending less than $100,000 per month. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices worldwide, Marin's technology powers marketing campaigns for over 1,500 customers managing more than $3.5 billion of annualized ad spend in more than 160 countries. For more information, please visit: http://www.marinsoftware.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1928113
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1928121
Kari Moe Straley
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Marin Software, mobile, mobile advertising, SEM, PPC, search marketing, paid search, Google , Computers/Peripherals,Displays,Notebook/Laptop,Tablets,Digital Media Software,Communications,Digital Audio,Web,Smart Phone,iPods,iphone,iPad,Search,Google,Sales,Advertising,Marketing,Sales & Marketing,Computer Technology,Internet,Mobile Devices,Smartphone,Search,Search Engines,Management,Computers/Peripherals,Display,Business,Input/Output,Notebook/Laptop/Tablets,Marketing,PDA/Smartphone,USA,Marketwire, ,Apple Computer,Financial,Business,