|Page (1) of 1 - 02/14/12||email article||print page|
RTI Introduces RTI Connext for Real-Time SOANew Corporate Strategy Extends Leadership in Aerospace and Defense to Commercial Industries; RTI Connext Products Bridge IT and Operational Technology to Improve Business Efficiency (February 14, 2012)
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/12 -- Real-Time Innovations (RTI), the world leader in delivering fast, scalable communications software that addresses the challenges of building and integrating real-time operational systems, today introduced RTI Connext, a new family of products designed to connect real-time applications across an enterprise. RTI Connext is the first edge-to-enterprise(1) real-time SOA platform; the products provide seamless, enterprise-wide integration to improve efficiency, responsiveness and real-time business intelligence (BI).
In addition to a new corporate and product strategy, today RTI also announced a customer engagement with Siemens Energy, a provider of comprehensive solutions for the generation, transmission and distribution of power.
Bridging IT and Operational Technology
RTI Connext directly addresses the high-performance messaging and integration challenges needed by operational systems. Operational technology (OT) describes physical-equipment-oriented technology implemented and supported by engineering organizations, usually independently from IT groups. RTI Connext also connects operational systems with the enterprise data center, thus enabling new business efficiency.
"The worlds of IT and operational technology (OT) are converging, and IT leaders must manage their transition to converging, aligning and integrating IT and OT environments, according to Gartner, Inc. Analysts say the benefits that come from managing IT and OT convergence, alignment and integration include optimized business processes, enhanced information for better decisions, reduced costs, lower risks and shortened project timelines."(2)
For more than 10 years, RTI's innovative messaging software has been addressing the needs of mission-critical applications in the Aerospace and Defense industries. RTI has over 350,000 licenses and 450 applications deployed. Today, the company builds on this history, unveiling a corporate and product strategy to target new commercial industries and applications including Industrial Automation, Finance, Automotive and Healthcare.
Introducing RTI Connext For High-Performance, Enterprise-Wide Integration
RTI Connext delivers the only infrastructure that combines the performance, scalability and reliability needed by operational systems with the integration and flexible-messaging capabilities of IT systems. Because it spans platforms ranging from tiny embedded sensors to full-scale data-center servers, RTI Connext is the first edge-to-enterprise real-time SOA platform.
The RTI Connext family of products includes:
- RTI Connext Integrator delivers rapid integration of operational systems with enterprise-wide IT without requiring modification to those systems. Connext Integrator is a service bus, similar to an enterprise service bus (ESB), but designed for the demanding real-time environment. It provides the backbone of a real-time Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- RTI Connext Messaging provides a universal messaging infrastructure for ultra high-performance and real-time systems, including machine-to-machine (M2M) and human-machine interface (HMI) applications.
- RTI Connext Micro is a small-footprint messaging solution for resource-constrained devices and high-assurance applications.
- RTI Connext DDS is the leading implementation of the Object Management Group (OMG) Data Distribution Service (DDS) specification, with over 70 percent market share. The proven technology is the foundation of the RTI Connext product family.
- "Our approach to the integration problem is unique. RTI's new technology builds high-performance systems and then easily integrates them together. RTI's base technology delivers the time-critical performance, scalability and 24x7 reliability that operational systems demand. For the first time, we also now have the integration power to merge and create systems of systems. This power allows us to build even larger operational systems and meld those OT systems with the enterprise IT infrastructure."
- Dr. Stan Schneider, CEO of RTI
- "Wind River and RTI have a long history of collaboration building mission-critical systems for the defense and industrial customers. Our combined technologies deliver the high performance and scalability required by demanding operational technologies, such as unmanned vehicles, radar systems and battleship control systems. Together, we are able to offer agile connected solutions that accelerate the integration of next generation platforms."
- Chip Downing, senior director of Aerospace and Defense at Wind River, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC)
RTI will roll out the RTI Connext family of products beginning in March 2012. The RTI Connext DDS solution is available immediately. For more information on availability and pricing, please contact email@example.com.
Tweet This: @RealTimeInnov sets its sights on new commercial markets, introduces RTI Connext for edge-to-enterprise real-time #SOA http://www.rti.com/company/news/introducing-rti-connext.html
- Website: http://www.rti.com
- RTI press page: http://www.rti.com/company/news
- RTI Connext SlideShare presentation: http://www.slideshare.net/RealTimeInnovations/announcing-rti-connext-11518578
- RTI on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RealTimeInnov
RTI is the world leader in delivering fast, scalable, communications software that addresses the challenges of building and integrating real-time operational systems. RTI Connext solutions meet the needs of enterprise-wide integration -- from the operational edge to the enterprise data center. The RTI standards-based software infrastructure improves the efficiency of operational systems while facilitating better decisions, actions and outcomes for the business enterprise.
For over ten years, RTI has delivered industry-leading products and solutions for customers in markets ranging from Aerospace & Defense, Process Automation, Financial Services, Energy, Automotive, Health Sciences and Transportation Management.
Founded in 1991, RTI is privately held and headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.
RTI, Real-Time Innovations, The Real-Time Middleware Company, RTI Data Distribution Service, RTI Connext and RTI DataBus are registered trademarks or trademarks of Real-Time Innovations, Inc. All other trademarks used in this document are the property of their respective owners.
(1) Operational edge to the enterprise data center
(2) Gartner, Inc. press release, "Gartner Says the Worlds of IT and Operational Technology Are Converging" [March 16, 2011] [http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=1590814]
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: RTI, real-time SOA platform, RTI Connext, business intelligence, operational technology, IT technology, Applications, Finance, Business Issues, IT Management, Finance, Management, Finance/Accounting, CEO/CFO, Finance/Accounting, Marketwire, Inc., , Financial, Business, Family, Other,