|Page (1) of 1 - 04/22/18||email article||print page|
REVision FX's new toolsTwixtor and RSMB for 360
360 video production is quickly becoming part of your post production workflow, but there may be tools that you rely on in your 2D pipeline which weren't available until now. REVision FX has made both Twixtor and RSMB support 360 footage. RealSmart Motion Blur is a favorite in many pipelines, and now can be part of your 360 compositing as well.
Exciting new versions of Twixtor and RSMB are now available, plus they've extended their sale on Effections bundles. Please also read for info on High Sierra compatibility and support for Render Garden.
Twixtor v7 and RSMB v6 with 360 video support have been released!
Introducing Twixtor® v7 and ReelSmart Motion Blur® (RSMB) v6. Twixtor Intelligently slows down or speeds up your image sequences with visually stunning results. RSMB applies natural-looking motion blur by automatically tracking every pixel, and also blurs using motion vectors supplied by your 3D system.
The new versions now support 360 video (in equirectangular format). They will introduce, for the first time, optical flow tracking on 360 footage taking into account the connectedness of the left and right sides of the 360 video, as well as the geometry of the top and bottom edge pixels. What this means is that when retiming or blurring 360 video, you won't see artifacts along the edges of the video that you might see with previous versions of their products, and with other optical flow-based techniques.
Check out Twixtor v7 and RSMB v6 on 360 video:
- Both RSMB and Twixtor add true 360 tracking and take into account the connectedness at the edges of the 360 video representation.
- After Effects: added a feature that Twixtor will work at the composition frame rate unless otherwise specified.
- Premiere Pro: RSMB and Twixtor works in floating point color.
- An option is provided that uses the alpha channel to help tracking of dark images with mattes. This is especially useful for CG, masked and/or keyed material. This feature is available in the Pro versions of RSMB and Twixtor for After Effects, Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro, as well as all other versions for other host programs supported.
- An option for linear footage that provides better tracking. This option was provided in some versions of Twixtor and RSMB, but is now available for all hosts.
- Known issue: There is ambiguity in how to represent motion vectors in 360, so RSMB Vectors does not current support true 360 blurring.
Pricing and Availability:
Available for these host applications: After Effects and Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Flame and Smoke, Nuke, Fusion Studio, Scratch, Nucoda, Silhouette, Media Composer, Vegas Pro, Hitfilm, Catalyst Edit and Natron.
New license pricing here
Upgrades: See their website for upgrade pricing for all previous versions. If you purchased Twixtor v6 after March 15, 2018 you will be sent a free upgrade for v7.
ReelSmart Motion Blur:
After Effects and Premiere Pro, FCP X, Motion, Natron, Hitfilm, Media Composer, Flame and Smoke, Nuke, Fusion Studio, Nucoda, Scratch, Silhouette, Resolve, Vegas Pro and Catalyst Edit.
New license pricing here
Upgrades: See their website for upgrade pricing for all previous versions. If you purchased RSMB v5 after March 15, 2018 you will be sent a free upgrade for v6.
Ko Maruyama is a freelance animator in Los Angeles. In addition to working on film and broadcast animations, Ko teaches at Pasadena's Art Center College of Design - focusing on motion design. When working, writing or testing software allows, you can find him lending a hand in the After Effects board and lurking among the Cinema4D, Visual Effects and Photoshop posts within the DMNForums.
Related Keywords:IBCShow, NABShow, animation, Mac, CreativeMac, maxon, SIGGRAPH, C4D, 3D, ipisoft, animationartist, Adobe, photoshop, photography, comicon, Automatic Duck, demo, VFX, motion graphics
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved