|Page (1) of 1 - 03/25/02||email article||print page|
RE:Vision Releases SmoothKitPlugin designed to smooth images while maintaining detail
SmoothKit is a set of special purpose filters that can produce a variety of smoothing, blending and blurring effects. Features include:
- Selectively filter the luminance or the chrominance of each of the RGB channels independently;
- Limit how much each pixel is allowed to change via a "Maximum Deviation" control;
- Scale filters on a pixel by pixel basis by specifying optional greyscale images;
- Reduce or eliminate staircasing by using the jaggie-reducing filter;
- Reduce block artifacts;
- Clean up noisy images without blurring over edges;
- Soften areas without blurring important features;
- Directionally filter images with per-pixel direction and strength controls;
- Time blend sequences using the multi-frame (temporal) filter with several processing modes.
SmoothKit is available now for an introductory price of $134.95. After April 5, SmoothKit will cost 169.95. A demo version is also available. For more information, visit http://www.revisionfx.com.
Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:RE:Vision Releases SmoothKit
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved