|Page (1) of 1 - 12/03/04||email article||print page|
RE:Vision Effects Releases Twixtor 4.0Enables users to speed up or slow down image sequences (December 03, 2004)
RE:Vision Effects today released Twixtor 4.0 of its After Effects-compatible plugin version for After Effects, Final Cut Pro, combustion and Premiere Pro.
Twixtor enables users to speed up, slow down image sequences with visually stunning results. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence employing the next generation of RE:Vision's proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
DV Magazine calls Twixtor "amazing" and "a must-have for any toolkit."
Video Systems says "it's the best plug-in method for creating speed changes, slow-motion effects, and frame-rate conversions."
DIGIT magazine says "If you regularly find yourself stretching or shrinking footage to fit a target duration, or creating extreme speed control special effects, this is a plugin that you'll find invaluable."
New in Twixtor 4:
* Contains an option to remove motion blur when slowing footage.
* Support for marking material so that Twixtor does not motion-interpolate inappropriately across a cut or other transition.
* Better integration: uses host application's settings for rendering fields
* After Effects only: ability to remap audio and video using After Effect's time remapping tools but using Twixtor "under the hood"
* Twixtor may now be used in Premiere Pro projects set to produce interlaced material.
* Render-only pricing
New features of Twixtor Pro 4 include all those of the regular version plus the following:
* Motion Vector Import. Give Twixtor motion vectors generated elsewhere (for example, from a 3D system) to time remap footage, including adding motion-interpolated fields to otherwise progressive material. Only supported in apps that work in 16bpc or higher.
* Motion Vectors Export. You can now output the motion vectors that Twixtor generates internally. This powerful feature comes with visual debugging modes to more intuitively assess and tune the quality of the motion estimation. The motion vectors can then be used elsewhere in the pipeline (including the Twixtor plugin that imports motion vectors). Only supported in apps that work in 16bpc or higher.
Pricing and upgrade info:
After Effects-compatible Plugin, Regular version $329.99. Render-only: $65.99
After Effects-compatible Plugin, Pro version $595.00. Render-only: $119.00.
Upgrade from any regular or Pro Twixtor 1,2 or 3 to regular Twixtor 4.0: $49.95
Upgrade from regular Twixtor (1,2,3) to Twixtor Pro 4 for $265.00.
Limited time offer through February 28, 2005:
Upgrade from Twixtor Pro version 2 or 3 to Twixtor Pro version 4 for $99.95. After February 28, 2005 the price will be $149.95.
Users that have purchased Twixtor Pro 3 since September 1, 2004 will be upgraded to Twixtor Pro 4 for free. Write to [email protected] for details.
Volume pricing available. Contact [email protected]
Twixtor Pro 3.0 continues to be supported as a discreet's spark, Eyeon's Digital Fusion, Apple Shake and Avid systems. Demo versions, sample footage and tutorials are available on the RE:Vision Effects website, http://www.revisionfx.com.
About RE:Vision Effects
RE:Vision, a visual effects R+D boutique, provides technical and artistic direction for effects development and realization. The RE:Vision team has proven experience in feature film, video, animation, advertising and internet-based projects. Additionally, RE:Vision designs, develops and supplies proprietary software tools and techniques available nowhere else!
For more information visit www.revisionfx.com.
Related Keywords:RE:Vision Effects, Twixtor 4.0, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, combustion, Premiere Pro, slow-motion effects,