|Page (1) of 1 - 01/30/13||email article||print page|
QuikIO Announces iPhone Mobile-to-Mobile Content Sharing at Macworld/iWorld(January 30, 2013)
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 30, 2013
QuikIO, a new mobile media content delivery application and service, today announced a new version of QuikIO that makes it easy to share and view content with mobile-to-mobile iPhone connectivity. At Macworld/iWorld, San Francisco, QuikIO will demonstrate its beaming solution for the iPhone in kiosk #93, in the Appalooza booth #718, January 31-February 2, which is available for download at the App Store today.
QuikIO has rapidly become a 5-star rated #1 download in many countries on the App Store, growing fans exponentially with hundreds of thousands of users.
QuikIO is changing how consumers access and share their personal content by empowering mobile device users with the ability to instantly access, download or share their media files on their computers or mobile devices through network connections whether by Wi-Fi from home, a hotspot or over 3G/4G.
QuikIOs mobile-to-mobile QuikSend features make it an easy-to-use solution for the real-time exchange of photos, videos and files on iPhones anywhere, anytime! Just install the QuikIO app, sign up, and QuikSend your content to with family and friends. said Michael Chen, QuikIO CEO and co-founder. QuikIO provides a much-needed beaming solution for the iPhone world where the feature has been missing natively. QuikIOs solution is consumer friendly since there are no special requirements for network configuration, hardware capability and OS version as often needed in the Android world.
The benefits of using QuikIO mobile-to-mobile QuikSend include
- The best connectivity for optimizing transfer speed Wi-Fi, hotspot, or 3G/4G
- No limit on file size or file numbers
- No file upload required
- Works remotely with no proximity requirements for two handsets
- GPS/network assist mechanism to find your parties handsets if close-by
- Works across all iPhone models that have Wi-Fi or 3G/4G internet connectivity
- Does not require special network configuration
- Does not require advanced hardware features such as NFC or Wi-Fi direct
FIles that can be used by QuikSend include
- Video and photo in the iPhone Camera Roll app
- Any files previously downloaded through QuikIO app from your computers
- Any files previously received and saved from QuikSend
QuikIO continues to offer and improve the best technology available to stream, download and share media content featuring:
- Highest quality video available -- minimizing video transcoding
- Best CPU utilization -- using the GPU to significantly reduce the CPU load
- Seamless remote access -- media traffic is efficiently and securely routed in a peer-to-peer network similar to Skype
- Easy-to-use user interface -- Just press and play with all media content displayed in gallery view
- QuikSend or Download any video - QuikIO video sharing or downloading is a single step process that is simple, fast and easy; no file conversion necessary
- Apple TV -- Just press Apple TV icon to stream video from your iPhone or iPad to a big screen with no restriction on computers hardware model or OS version
QuikIO does not store personal content in the cloud ensuring the privacy of photos and other media documents. Only other QuikIO users who receive QuikSend messages can view content for a limited time,
Heres how QuikIO works:
Download and install QuikIO apps to your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, PC and Mac. Sign in to QuikIO with a Google, Facebook or email account. Then choose videos, music, photos and documents to instantly stream, download or share to an iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad from a mobile device, PC or Mac.
QuikIOs direct connection service avoids long upload waiting time and storage limits often seen with cloud-based services.
With QuikIO it is easy to select files to view when off the grid commuting, away from home or at the office -- anytime, anywhere. Sharing files with selected friends and family is easy. Just Quiksend them an invite to allow them instant access to stream or download a file or media collection, without worrying about file conversion.
QuikIO can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store for the iPhone at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quikio/id580764348?ls=1&mt=8 and for the iPad at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quikio-hd-free-for-limited/id567840021?ls=1&mt=8 During the initial launch, the QuikIO app will be available for free of charge for a limited time for early adopters after which it will be priced at $.99 USD for the iPhone and iPod touch, $1.99 USD for the iPad and iPad Mini, with support for other devices coming soon.
QuikIO videos can be found on the QuikIOInc YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/quikioinc?feature=results_main
Graphics for QuikIO can be downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ybqr5f5dnq3kayz/phbL8iSrqv
QuikIO provides services to meet the demands of mobile device users who want to stream and transfer media contents effortlessly and cost-effectively among their Internet connected devices.
QuikIO will initially support file transfer and streaming from a PC or Mac to any iPad, iPhone and iPod touch with Apple TV capabilities. Plans to include transfer among iOS devices and Android-based products are in the works.
The company is founded by Cisco veterans who are expert in media content conversion, networking and wireless technology and is headquartered in Mountain View, CA. For more information, visit http://www.quik.io
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/QuikIO/Macworld/prweb10376223.htm.
Related Keywords:computer crime, plastic art, entertainment award, entertainment (general), arts (general), arts, culture and entertainment, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general), family, family planning, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), market research, research and development, medical research, science and technology, applied science, material science, human science, natural science, philosophical science, research, science (general), animal science, micro science, , weather science, agricultural research and technology, social services