|Page (1) of 1 - 06/10/03||email article||print page|
QuarkXPress 6 To Ship Next WeekNext major release supports Mac OS X
Aside from new platform support, QuarkXPress 6 also adds a number of new features, including workflow, production and output enhancements. Some of these include:
- Workflow enhancements, such as the ability to share attributes and information between projects using a feature called layout spaces;
- Synchronized content for sharing text between layouts within a QuarkXPress project;
- Easier to use tables, including the ability to control the flow of content by linking tables or text cells;
- PDF creation technology without the need for third-party software;
- Support for DeviceN color space for outputting blends, multi-inks, colorized TIFF images and other items as composite color while retaining spot color information for in-RIP separations;
- Reorganized menus for easier use;
- Enhanced undo feature, which supports multiple undo/redo capability and an expanded list of undoable actions;
- Full-resolution preview of onscreen images.
Quark also says the new version is faster than ever and offers enhancements to rollovers, menus, hyperlinks, font family management, form control creation and preview, export controls and XML tagging.
QuarkXPress 6 will ship next week and will sell for $1,045. Users of QuarkXPress 5 can upgrade for $199; users of version 4 can upgrade for $299; and users of version 3 can upgrade for $499. For more information, visit http://www.quark.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:QuarkXPress 6 To Ship Next Week
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved