|Page (1) of 1 - 04/03/03||email article||print page|
Quark Provides Second Preview of QuarkXPress 6New output, content reuse features added in forthcoming release
Among the new features previewed today are enhanced output capabilities and new options for content reuse. For output, it will include PDF creation technology without the need for third-party software. It will also support DeviceN color space for outputting blends, multi-inks, colorized TIFF images and other items as composite color while retaining spot color information for in-RIP separations. It includes a new "As Is" color space feature for enhancing color when outputting to a PostScript composite color device. And it provides a Layers tab in the Print dialog box for outputting specific layers. The Layers tab also provides a display of inks used, which can help control costs.
For content reuse, the new version will support the conversion of print page layouts to Web page layouts with a few mouse clicks and provide a variety of enhancements to rollovers, menus, hyperlinks, font family management, form control creation and preview and export controls. Plus it will provide enhancements to XML output.
Other new features will include:
- A "layout spaces" feature for sharing attributes and information in complex projects;
- A Synchronized Text feature for sharing content between layouts in a QuarkXPress 6 project;
- Enhancements to table functionality, including the ability to control the flow of content by linking text cells within a table, linking tables to each other, or linking a table cell to a text box;
- Reorganized menus for easier use;
- Enhanced undo feature, which supports multiple undo/redo capability and an expanded list of undoable actions;
- Full-resolution preview of onscreen images.
Quark has not announced pricing or a release date for QuarkXPress 6 yet. It will support Mac OS X, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. For more information, visit http://www.quark.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Quark Provides Second Preview of QuarkXPress 6
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved