|Page (1) of 1 - 10/24/11||email article||print page|
Quantum Introduces Cost-Effective, Complete Deduplication Solutions for Small Business Data Protection$5,000 NAS Appliance and RDX Removable Disk Library Reduce Data Storage by up to 90% and Provide Remote Replication and Multi-Disaster Recovery Options (October 24, 2011)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/24/11 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced two new solutions that bring data deduplication and disaster recovery solutions to small businesses at an affordable price. The Quantum NDX-8 NAS appliance delivers 8 TB of NAS storage with built-in backup software and deduplication technology, enabling businesses to reduce storage requirements by up to 90 percent and significantly reduce network traffic. Quantum also announced the RDX 8000 removable disk library with 8 TB of capacity. For offsite disaster recovery protection, the NDX can replicate data to a second NDX appliance or move data offsite with the RDX 8000. Both products are also forward compatible with future cloud backup services. Customers benefit by having a single vendor in Quantum that provides all hardware, software and support for the entire backup and disaster recovery solution set.
"Customers tell us that data protection for small businesses and workgroups is overly complex," said Rob Clark, senior vice president, Disk and Tape Data Protection Group, Quantum. "Quantum's new NDX appliances and RDX libraries provide a total data protection solution that is affordable to implement and simple to use. Along with our DXi deduplication systems, this expansion of our portfolio enables us to offer best-in-class disk-based technology solutions that address an even broader range of customer data protection needs."
NDX-8d for Entry-Level Deduplication Data Protection
- 75 Percent Less Expensive, Less Complicated with Integrated Hardware and Software: The NDX-8d comes preconfigured with Quantum Datastor Shield that provides agentless client backup, meaning that there is no software to install on the clients being protected. In addition, customers save up to 75 percent in costs compared to traditional backup software licensing and support options.
- Up to 90 Percent Reduction in Backup-Related Network Traffic and Data Stored: Network bottlenecks are reduced and data growth is controlled because data is deduplicated on the client, sending only changed data over the network at up to 20:1 deduplication rates -- enabling more data to be stored quicker, for longer, at lower cost.
- Deduplicated Replication: Disaster recovery data is also deduplicated, allowing customers to replicate to a second NDX-8d or to copy to removable RDX media, providing customers with flexible disaster recovery options.
- Primary Storage with Twice the Processing Power and RAM: Quantum also offers the NDX-8 without deduplication technology. Incorporating best-in-class components, such as the Intel Core i3 3.3 GHz processor and 4 GB RAM, it is ideal for primary storage, with twice the performance and memory of competitive NAS products.
- Flexibility for Small Business Environments: Leveraging the Windows Storage Server operating system, the NDX series enables customers to install Windows-based applications like Microsoft Exchange directly on it, which is not possible with Linux-based NAS devices. In addition, the NDX-8 and NDX-8d integrate seamlessly and create a cost-effective, easy-to-use disk-to-disk solution.
RDX 8000 Removable Disk Library
- Backup and Disaster Recovery in One System: The Quantum RDX 8000 is an 8-slot RDX cartridge disk library that combines the advantages of disk with the removability characteristics of tape, enabling customers to take data offline and offsite. The library can be used in conjunction with an NDX appliance for offsite backup, or on its own as a complete data protection and disaster recovery solution.
- Two-thirds Reduction in Cartridge Use: The RDX 8000 is available with Quantum Datastor Shield deduplication software. Compared to tape or non-deduplicated disk, customers use approximately 2/3 fewer cartridges with Quantum Datastor Shield, while reducing network backup traffic and protecting more data for a longer period.
- Unmatched Scalability and Investment Protection: Compatible with all RDX cartridges available today -- with capacity from 160 GB to 1 TB -- the RDX 8000 enables customers to size the system to meet their needs using different capacities in different slots. It supports up to 8 TB of native capacity (eight 1 TB cartridges) and provides forward compatibility with future capacities. In 2012, a 1.5 TB RDX cartridge is expected to ship, which will increase the maximum capacity of the RDX 8000 by 50 percent to 12 TB.
Product Availability and Pricing
List price for the Quantum NDX-8d appliance with data deduplication is $5,139, and $4,029 without it. The RDX 8000 with data deduplication is $4,999, and $3,889 without it. NDX appliances come in either tower or 1U rack configurations, and both product lines are available from Quantum's worldwide resellers and distribution channels.
- Learn more about Quantum's NDX-8 series NAS www.quantum.com/ndx and on SlideShare http://qntm.co/ndx-8pres
- Read more about Quantum's RDX 8000 removable disk library www.quantum.com/rdx8000 and on SlideShare http://qntm.co/rdx8000pres
- Subscribe to Quantum's Q&U blog: http://blog.quantum.com
- Follow the latest Quantum happenings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Join the Quantum conversation on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management. From small businesses to multinational enterprises, more than 50,000 customers trust Quantum to solve their data protection, retention and management challenges. Quantum's best-of-breed, open systems solutions provide significant storage efficiencies and cost savings while minimizing risk and protecting prior investments. They include: DXi®-Series disk-based deduplication and replication systems for fast backup and restore, Scalar® tape automation products for disaster recovery and long-term data retention, StorNext® data management software and appliances for high-performance file sharing and archiving and vmPRO solutions for protecting virtual machine data. Quantum Corp., 1650 Technology Drive, Suite 800, San Jose, CA 95110, (408) 944-4000, www.quantum.com.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, DXi, Scalar, StorNext and vmPRO are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum's NDX appliances and RDX libraries, 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such appliances and libraries, 3) forward compatibility of the NDX appliances and the RDX libraries and cartridges, and 4) the availability and the features of the 1.5 TB RDX cartridge, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unforeseen technical limitations, unexpected material deviation in product operation, the ability of competitors to introduce new solutions that compete more successfully with our solutions, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2011 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2011, especially those risks listed in this section under the heading "Our operating results depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and operating results may be materially and adversely affected." Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: NAS storage, removable disk library, cloud backup services, deduplication, dedupe, data replication, Applications,Storage,Hardware,Cloud Computing,Services,Software,Misc,Backup,Archiving,Cloud backup,Management,Data Management,Business,Tape,Data Storage,RAM,OS (Operating System),Storage,USA,Marketwire, ,Financial,Appliances,Business,disaster,Other,