|Page (1) of 1 - 10/27/11||email article||print page|
Quantum Achieves Record Launch With DXi6701/02 Disk Backup and Deduplication AppliancesCustomers, Partners and Analysts Cite Market-Leading Scalability, Performance and Value as Key Benefits Driving Adoption (October 27, 2011)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/27/11 --
Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced that the September quarter launch of its new DXi6700 disk backup and deduplication appliances was the most successful branded systems product launch in the company's history in terms of revenue generated. The DXi6701 and DXi6702 appliances saw wide market acceptance for providing a unique combination of industry-leading performance and value, along with broad scalability spanning midrange and enterprise environments and multi-protocol interfaces. Leveraging the inline data flow of Quantum's DXi 2.0 software, the new DXi6700 appliances run at more than twice the speed of the comparable offering from EMC Data Domain and work with all leading backup applications.
The DXi6701 and DXi6702 also incorporate Quantum's new DXi Accent software which distributes deduplication between the appliances and the backup servers, providing unmatched flexibility for where deduplication takes place on the network, supporting deduplicated backup over bandwidth-limited local area and wide area networks and providing built-in support for disaster recovery and long-term retention.
In addition, Quantum recently enhanced the new DXi6700 appliances' ability to protect virtualized data. The company now offers vmPRO software that works with the DXi® appliances to simplify and accelerate backup, restore, and disaster recovery (DR) protection in data center virtual environments while reducing IT costs.
"We always believed the DXi6701/02 would be a great product because of the tremendous benefits it provides to customers. However, we knew the ultimate test would come in the market, so we're very pleased with the validation we've seen to date," said Jon Gacek, president and CEO of Quantum. "Customers are realizing they shouldn't have to compromise when it comes to a deduplication solution, and that's why they're responding so positively to the DXi6701/02."
- Christian Blanc, global head of Information Technology, France and International,
BNP Paribas Real Estate: "The DXi6701 has a major price-performance advantage over other products. Also, there were no extra charges for any of the advanced software features, so I got the full value of the solution and didn't have to make trade-offs because of
- Ross Chapman, executive director, Information Technology, SGI-USA: "The DXi6701 has proven itself as a reliable backup and replication platform for our disaster recovery needs. Using the DXi replication function for DR has given us more effective offsite DR protection, while dramatically reducing the time we spend managing the process and reducing our direct costs as well."
- Anthony Costa, vice president of Technology and Customer Experience, INTTRA: "We needed a deduplication solution that would make the backup process more efficient and effective, thereby reducing risk. With the DXi6702, the time needed for key critical backup jobs was cut by more than half. The support from Quantum was exemplary, and we love the fact that the product's scalability range positions us well for future growth."
- Dave Russell, research vice president, Storage Technologies and Strategies, Gartner: "The market is seeking affordable, multi-protocol, all-in-one data protection solutions that offer high-performance turnkey backup to disk capabilities. For growing midrange companies, simple, broad scalability - as well as having flexibility regarding where deduplication takes place in the network - are also increasingly attractive features."
- Russell Fellows, senior analyst, Evaluator Group: "Based on Evaluator Group's testing, the new DXi6701/02 is the yardstick by which all other midrange deduplication appliances must be measured. The price-performance levels achieved by the DXi6701/02 exceed their
closest competitors by several fold, surpassing the closest systems in speed at half the published price."
Channel Partner Quotes
- Mark Teter, chief technology officer, Advanced Systems Group: "With the DXi6701/02, our customers get all of the necessary software licenses included in the price and an easy-to-deploy design. The complete package delivers best-in-class total cost of ownership and future-proof features."
- Serdar Ozcelik, founder and chairman, Datacore Information Systems: "The overall value of the DXi6701/02 is so much greater than other deduplication and replication solutions. Including all of the software licenses in the base price is a big plus for end users, and they get much faster backup performance compared to competitive offerings."
- For a Quantum Data Sheet on the new DXi6700 appliances, visit: http://www.quantum.com/Products/Disk-BasedBackup/DXi6700/Index.aspx
- Quantum Disk Product Marketing Manager Steve Whitner explains key features of the new DXi6700 appliances in this video: http://qntm.co/DXi6700_vid
- To listen to a podcast featuring Quantum Senior Director of Disk Products Scott Hamilton discussing the DXi6701/02, visit: http://www.quantum.com/audio/DXi6701_DXi6702_Podcast/Quantum-DXi6700-2011-Podcast.html
- To listen to a podcast featuring Quantum Vice President of Virtualization Henrik Rosendahl discussing vmPRO, visit: http://www.quantum.com/Products/vmbackup/vmpro4000podcast
- For a SlideShare overview of the new DXi6700 appliances, visit: http://qntm.co/DXi6700_preso
- To read Quantum's Q&U blog, including Steve Whitner's perspective on the DXi6701/02, visit: http://blog.quantum.com
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management. From small businesses to multinational enterprises, more than 50,000 customers trust Quantum to solve their data protection, retention and management challenges. Quantum's best-of-breed, open systems solutions provide significant storage efficiencies and cost savings while minimizing risk and protecting prior investments. They include: DXi®-Series disk-based deduplication and replication systems for fast backup and restore, Scalar® tape automation products for disaster recovery and long-term data retention, StorNext® data management software and appliances for high-performance file sharing and archiving and vmPRO solutions for protecting virtual machine data. Quantum Corp., 1650 Technology Drive, Suite 800,
San Jose, CA 95110, (408) 944-4000, www.quantum.com.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, DXi, DXi Accent, Scalar, StorNext and vmPRO are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum's DXi6701 and DXi6702 appliances, all included software and the vmPRO software and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such appliances and software are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, the ability of competitors to introduce new solutions that compete more successfully with our solutions, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2011 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2011, especially those risks listed in this section under the heading "Our operating results depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and operating results may be materially and adversely affected." Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: deduplication, dedupe, disk storage, replication, data deduplication, disaster recovery protection, Applications,Sales & Marketing,Storage,Software,Misc,Backup,Archiving,Networks,Management,CEO/CFO,France,USA,Marketwire, ,IT (Information Technology),Financial,Appliances,Computer Science,Business,disaster,Other,