|Page (1) of 1 - 09/15/05||email article||print page|
Quantel Debuts Eiger 3.5Provides even more tools for eQ and iQ (September 15, 2005)
Building on the success of the Eiger 3.0 software comes another big step forward in the form of Eiger 3.5 software, which makes its world debut at IBC. Eiger 3.5, which is available for both iQ and eQ thanks to Quantel's common code base, has something brilliant for everyone, whether editor, colorist, compositor or effects specialist.
Many of the new features have been specially developed to take advantage of the enormous power of the new Eiger hardware.
Amongst many new features, highlights include:
* Supports Integrated Concurrent Processing for multi-tasking on effects
* New AAF tools including multi-layer import and offline effects descriptors
* New graphic shapes and mattes package - rotate, scale and keyframe graphics per point
* Network conform perfect for DI and animations
* More spatial filters crisp, aperture correction, unsharp masking and much more
* New conforming tools - including reference project conform so that amended shots can automatically take the place of the originals, while retaining global colour etc changes
* Multi-camera editing lock clips on the desk and timeline together
* Smoother ergonomics a host of refinements that make many more operations one-touch and even slicker
Mark Horton, Quantel Marketing Manager - Post, said, "It's a very exciting time in the development life of iQ and eQ at present as fast as we have introduced one major advance for the products, R&D are right there with the next big step. Our users have been delighted with the Eiger 3.0 software Eiger 3.5 gives them even more tools."
Eiger 3.5 software will be released in October. It is available as a free upgrade for all eQ and iQ systems that are covered by Quantel's QCare, and will be standard on all new systems from that date.
Quantel is dedicated to creating new tools for the new digital age, covering everything from terrestrial and satellite television to broadband internet, DVD and d-cinema. Quantel systems combine industry-leading performance with total scalability in both hardware and software across post production, graphics, digital intermediate, news and sports production for multiple resolution, team-working environments.
For more information visit www.quantel.com.
Related Keywords:Quantel, Eiger 3.5, eQ, iQ, colorist, compositor, mattes, DI, conforming, QCare,