|Page (1) of 1 - 02/27/12||email article||print page|
Qualys Introduces New Services and Major Technological Innovations to Its QualysGuard Cloud PlatformNew Innovations to Be Unveiled at RSA Conference USA 2012 Booth #1431 (February 27, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/12 -- RSA Conference USA 2012 Booth #1431 -- Qualys, Inc., the pioneer and leading provider of information security and compliance cloud solutions, today introduced at RSA Conference USA 2012 major enhancements to its QualysGuard Cloud Platform and suite of integrated applications for security and compliance. These new innovations will extend the cloud platform capabilities to help customers improve the security of their IT systems and applications, further automate their compliance initiatives for IT-GRC and provide online protection against cyber attacks, while reducing operational costs and increasing the efficiency of their security programs.
The cloud model allows for faster innovations and faster release cycles. It also lowers the cost of ownership as there is no hardware or software to set up or to maintain. Updates occur automatically in real time, and users can log in through the QualysGuard secure web portal to access the latest updates.
Qualys will unveil these latest major technological innovations tonight at booth #1431 at 7:00 p.m. PT at the RSA Conference USA:
- Web Application Firewall (WAF). A brand new cloud service from Qualys, QualysGuard WAF protects web sites from unwanted requests and a range of online threats from spammers to SQL injection to DDoS, and provides increased web site performance through caching, compression and content optimization.
- Zero-Day Risk Analyzer Module. Built on VeriSign's iDefense zero-day security intelligence services, this new QualysGuard service allows customers to analyze zero-day threats and estimate their impact on their IT infrastructures and critical systems based on information collected from previous scan results.
- Patent-Pending Technology for Enterprise Asset Management. Allows customers to tag assets dynamically based on scan results and to categorize assets in a hierarchical manner to keep pace with changing environments. Tags can then be used in all workflows including scanning, reporting or assigning security and access to assets.
- Customizable Questionnaires Service for IT-GRC. Extends the QualysGuard Cloud Platform's policy compliance capabilities to automate manual control assessments with a customizable questionnaire based on a repository of nearly 1,000 pre-mapped policy documents via the Unified Compliance Framework. Workflows are also provided out-of-the-box that can be tailored to fit business processes.
- Malware Detection Service, Enterprise Edition. Built on the popular free Malware Detection service, the enterprise version will allow customers to track malware on multiple web sites with advanced reporting and notification options.
- General Availability of Virtualized Scanner Appliances. Allows customers to deploy virtual scanner appliances in various modes -- on laptops for mobile consultants, in data centers for enterprise scanning and in the Amazon EC2 and VPC platforms for cloud deployments.
"Our cloud platform allows us to bring new functionalities to our customers at a much faster pace than traditional enterprise software, and makes them accessible in a unified manner. As importantly, the cloud model permits us to correlate information more effectively and in near real-time," said Philippe Courtot, chairman and CEO of Qualys.
About QualysGuard Cloud Platform
Qualys' flagship product, QualysGuard Cloud Platform and its integrated suite of security and compliance applications provides organizations of all sizes with a global view of their security and compliance posture, while drastically reducing their total cost of ownership. The QualysGuard applications, including vulnerability management, policy compliance, web application scanning, malware detection and Qualys SECURE service for security testing of web sites, are used today by more than 5,500 organizations in 85 countries and perform more than 500 million IP audits per year.
Qualys, Inc. is the pioneer and leading provider of information security and compliance cloud solutions with 5,500+ customers in 85 countries, including 51 of the Forbes Global 100. The QualysGuard Cloud Platform and integrated suite of applications helps businesses simplify security operations and lower the cost of compliance by delivering critical security intelligence on demand and automating the full spectrum of auditing, compliance and protection for IT systems and web applications. Founded in 1999, Qualys has established strategic partnerships with leading managed service providers and consulting organizations including BT, Dell SecureWorks, Fujitsu, IBM, NTT, Symantec, Verizon, and Wipro. The company is also a founding member of the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA).
For more information, please visit www.qualys.com.
Qualys, the Qualys logo and QualysGuard are proprietary trademarks of Qualys, Inc. All other products or names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: qualys, risk management, it security, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , IT (Information Technology), Security, Appliances, Internet Technology, Business, Other,