|Page (1) of 1 - 01/25/13||email article||print page|
Protect Your Bubble's UK Car Buyers Guide(January 25, 2013)
(PRWEB UK) 25 January 2013
The Society of Motor Manufacturer and Traders (SMMT) has reported the UK car sales figures for 2012 and Protect your bubble, car insurance provider has compiled a handy list of the top five best selling manufacturers as well as the best selling models in the UK for 2012 to help aid a future purchase.
5) Audi 123,622 vehicles sold in 2012. Audi is still holding strong in the U.K. and sales are up equally from 2011 at 8.6%, making this brand the lowest of the top five for sales. This great choice would have possibly ranked higher had it not been for another German auto manufacturer, coming in at number 4.
4) BMW 127,530 vehicles sold and up 9.3% on 2011 sales- If this is the maker selected, congratulations. Sales are up only a touch higher than Audi, mostly because of the 1 Series, which was the 10th bestselling car model overall in 2012 and 3 Series which came in 8th. Hero cars, like the M5 and 6 Series GranCoupe contributed but it was the newer models helped hold a tight 4th place for the manufacturer.
3) Volkswagen 183,098 vehicles sold with sales up 2.1% from 2011. The mk7 has finally touched U.K. shores this month but this didnt stop the mark 6 from speeding into position 6 for bestselling car of 2012. The affordability shows in the ranks for VW; couple this to an image that is solid and it makes for a great purchase.
2) Vauxhall 232,255 vehicles sold, down 1.0% on 2011 sales. The Corsa held its own for Vauxhall coming in at the number 2 bestselling car for 2012 and the Astra came in at number 4 both just behind their Ford equivalents. These strong positions make Vauxhall a solid choice.
1) Ford 281,917 vehicles sold meaning sales were up a massive 6.0% on the previous year, a victory over Vauxhall by almost 50,000 units sold. In individual sales, the Fiesta and Focus rank number 1 and number 3 respectively for the bestselling car for 2012.
This list may not be full of surprises but what may be surprising is how expensive car insurance can be. Get a quote with Protect your bubbles to see a comprehensive list of provider to help reduce insurance costs. Visit Protect your bubble for details and a quote.
About Protect your bubble
Backed by a Fortune 500 company, Protect your bubble is the UKs largest specialist gadget insurer that also offers a wide range of gadget insurance products including iPhone insurance, smartphone insurance and laptop insurance. As well as a range of other insurances including home, pet, travel, bicycle and more all at great value affordable prices.
Car Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/car-insurance/
Car Excess Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/car-excess-insurance.html
Car Hire Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/carhire-insurance
Find Us On:
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10358500.htm.