|Page (1) of 1 - 03/05/03||email article||print page|
Propellerhead Intros Reason 2.5New version adds sound processing tools and signal path routing utilities
Reason is a software-only suite designed to look like a classic studio rack, packed with samplers, analog synths, mixers, step time drum machines, effects and a real-time multitrack sequencer. New modules in version 2.5 will include:
- The RV7000, a stereo reverb effect module that includes nine algorithms: Small Space, Room, Hall, Arena, Plate, Spring, Echo, Multitap and Reverse, with up to seven individual parameters each;
- The BV512 Digital Vocoder, a four- to 512-band vocoder and automated graphic equalizer;
- Scream 4 Sound, a distortion unit with 10 different damage types, including Overdrive, Distortion, Fuzz, Tube, Tape, Feedback, Modulate, Warp, Digital and Scream, along with a +/- 18 dB three-band equalizer and body section;
- UN-16 Unison, a half-rack unit for emulating the "Unison" button from '80s synths, similar to a chorus effect;
- Spider Audio, a utility that merges and splits audio;
- Spider CV, similar to Spider Audio, except that splitting and merging is performed on CV and gate signals.
Reason 2.5 will be available in the second quarter as a free update for users of Reason 2.0. The current version support Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows. Propellerhead has not yet indicated platform support for version 2.5. For more information, visit http://www.propellerheads.se.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Propellerhead Intros Reason 2.5