|Page (1) of 1 - 09/20/11||email article||print page|
Proofpoint Delivers Enhanced Security and Compliance for VMware Zimbra(R) Email and Collaboration Solution(September 20, 2011)
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/20/11 -- Proofpoint, Inc., the leading provider of cloud-based security and compliance solutions for enterprise messaging and collaboration, today announced a collaboration with VMware to provide security and compliance solutions for the VMware Zimbra® platform. The integration of Proofpoint Enterprise Protection and Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy with VMware Zimbra provides customers with advanced regulatory compliance, email encryption, anti-phishing, data privacy and data loss prevention capabilities.
"Businesses are deploying virtualized email and collaboration applications so that they can improve workforce productivity while simplifying the task of managing a mission critical tool," said Jim Morrisroe, vice president, VMware Zimbra. "Proofpoint and VMware have a long history of working together to provide virtual security and compliance solutions in thousands of deployments. This integration will allow our customers to extend security and compliance to their deployments of VMware Zimbra email and collaboration."
Proofpoint Brings New Functionality to VMware Zimbra
VMware Zimbra is a collaboration hub for email, contacts, calendars, documents, file sharing, tasks, social media and enterprise applications. VMware Zimbra supports Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer on any desktop or device, and works with Windows, Mac and Linux desktops.
Proofpoint has worked with VMware Zimbra to custom-engineer the integration of its solutions with the VMware Zimbra platform to provide users with maximum protection.
- The VMware Zimbra Platform has open APIs to add new end user functionality called "Zimlets." This partnership introduces a new Zimlet: the secure-send Zimlet which allows users to send encrypted messages using Proofpoint Encryption.
- Moreover, Proofpoint has introduced functionality to automatically quarantine spam by learning from actions taken by the user.
- The Proofpoint Enterprise Protection virtual appliance delivers best-in-class, inbound and outbound email security and management features in one cost-effective, easy-to-use solution. VMware Zimbra customers can protect their mission-critical email infrastructure from outside threats including spam, phishing, malware, unpredictable email volumes and other forms of objectionable or dangerous content before they hit the enterprise gateway.
- The Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy virtual appliance suite provides "defense in depth" data loss prevention for private information of all types. It protects private information in email, defends against leaks of confidential information and enables VMware Zimbra customers to comply with common international, industry and US data protection regulations, such as HIPAA, GLBA and PCI-DSS.
- Both Proofpoint Protection and Proofpoint Privacy are VMware Ready and have been optimized to take advantage of the VMware virtualization solution thus delivering crucial benefits for private cloud deployments including: rapid installation and upgrade, flexible and scalable capacity management and overall lower total cost of ownership.
"Malicious attacks and high-profile data breaches are driving enterprises to reevaluate and upgrade their legacy email security infrastructure," said David Knight, executive vice president of product management and marketing at Proofpoint. "Our joint work with VMware Zimbra enables organizations to improve their security posture while also getting the cost and management advantages of a fully virtualized email and collaboration deployment."
Qualified trial users of the Zimbra collaboration server virtual appliance can download a fully functional, 60-day trial version of Proofpoint Enterprise, including:
- Proofpoint Enterprise Protection: Proofpoint's best-in-class email security solution, delivered as a virtual appliance that works seamlessly with the Zimbra Collaboration Server Trial. Qualified trial users that purchase a license for Zimbra collaboration server can have the trial period for Proofpoint Enterprise Protection extended for another 12 months.
- Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy: Provides policy-based email encryption for secure communications and "Defense In Depth" data loss prevention to safeguard private information of all types.
Zimbra Collaboration Server trial users can register for the free 60-day trial of Proofpoint Enterprise by visiting http://www.proofpoint.com/zimbra.
- Read more about how VMware Zimbra enhances enterprise security with Proofpoint
- Follow VMware Zimbra on Twitter and Facebook
- Learn more about VMware's End-User Computing vision
About Proofpoint, Inc.
Proofpoint focuses on the art and science of cloud-based email security, eDiscovery and compliance solutions. Organizations around the world depend on Proofpoint's expertise, patented technologies and on-demand delivery system to protect against spam and viruses, safeguard privacy, encrypt sensitive information, and archive messages for easier management and discovery. Proofpoint's enterprise email solutions mitigate the challenges and amplify the benefits of enterprise messaging. Learn more at www.proofpoint.com.
Proofpoint, Proofpoint Enterprise Archive, Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy and Proofpoint Enterprise Protection are registered trademarks of Proofpoint, Inc. in the US and other countries. VMware and VMware Zimbra are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Proofpoint, Email Security, Email Archiving, Anti-Spam Software, Anti-Spam Appliance , Applications, Sales & Marketing, Productivity Applications, Security, Internet, Business Issues, Software Development, Other Applications, Threats, Phishing, Security, Social Media, Internet Server Applications, File Sharing, E-mail, Web Servers, Law & Regulations, Management, Unix, Mac, Linux, OS9, OSX, USA, Marketwire, Inc., IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Security, Internet Technology, Internet, Science, Spam, Email, Other,