|Page (1) of 1 - 03/27/12||email article||print page|
Polarion Software Announces Polarion 2012Newest Edition of the Company's Revolutionary Requirements Management, Quality Assurance and Application Lifecycle Management Solution is Jam-Packed with Features for Project Teams in Software and Product Development (March 27, 2012)
ALAMEDA, CALIFORNIA and STUTTGART, GERMANY -- (Marketwire) -- 03/27/12 -- Polarion Software, a recognized leader in application lifecycle management, today announced the general availability of Polarion 2012, the latest edition of the company's revolutionary requirements management, quality assurance and application lifecycle management solution.
"Our browser-based solutions and fresh approach to the application lifecycle management marketplace continues to fuel strong growth and customer acquisition in the requirements management, quality assurance, and application lifecycle management market categories," says Polarion CEO, Frank Schroeder. "We are on a bold mission to disrupt the industry, and to deliver a radical new approach to ALM. And our success to date is being closely monitored by industry analysts such as Gartner, while putting fear in the minds of expensive proprietary ALM dinosaurs such as HP and IBM."
Array of Features, Improvements and Enhancements Puts Polarion 2012 in the ALM Lead
Polarion 2012 represents a major release for Polarion, with significant new features, improvements and enhancements including, among other capabilities:
- Quality Assurance and Test Management module offering support for test specification, planning, execution and reporting and out of the box integration with any 3rd party test automation tool.
- Polarion Live-Branch(TM) enables users to more effectively manage variants. Common specification artifacts can now be maintained in one master document, and referenced in 'branched' documents, which in turn contain variant-specific specification artifacts. Users can easily control when and how master changes are propagated to referencing documents, and the granularity of propagated changes.
- Polarion Time-Machine(TM) navigable baselines allowing users to literally travel back in time to browse and search the historical state of any project captured in a baseline - a critical feature for standards-driven industries such as medical devices and automotive engineering where adherence to regulatory standards such as, IEC 62304 or ISO 26262 are key.
- Integration with External Repositories to manage project tasks, content and automate project workflow while using Subversion and/or Git source code repository.
- Import and Round-trip for Excel?? for easy import of excel based work items and easy export of test cases to Excel.
- Collaboration inspired by social media features to support team communication such as activity streams, "My Polarion" personal dashboard, watch, vote, and comment.
- Embedded SQL Database Layer providing a read-only index of information located in primary storage to facilitate traceability and other forms of reporting.
- Fresh & Easy to Use Browser Interface, with more area devoted to data presentation, and offering improved browser performance, multiple navigation views and user-adjustable navigation.
"This is an incredibly important release for Polarion, for our customers and for the ALM industry," says Jiri Walek, Product Manager for Polarion. "Our products' new and easy-to-use user interface is designed for collaboration and efficiency, and the new social media style activity streams and Polarion portal with personal dashboards makes it easy for project stakeholders stay abreast of what's happening on the project. We have also expanded on Polarion's flexibility in this release with seamless integration into external source code repositories such as the market-leading Subversion or the increasingly popular Git. This allows developers to manage source code in their preferred version control system, while connecting code with lifecycle artifacts and workflows managed through Polarion Software suite.
Customers Rave About Polarion 2012's Capabilities, Performance and Ease of Use
"Our business unit chose Polarion QA to unify a disconnected tools landscape," says Andreas Deuter, of electronics manufacturing leader Phoenix Contact. "Polarion's software was fast to roll out, easy to work with on a day-to-day basis, and offered us superior flexibility. We now use Polarion for all significant specifications, as well as our QA and test plan documents."
"Our team can see the payoff in activities and requirements tracking, release packaging, testing results, full code traceability coverage for vehicle hazards ISO 26262. We even use it for quote packages," says Maria Eugenia Zuniga, of Quantum Technologies, leading provider of alternative and renewable energy technology solutions. "Congratulations Polarion! It's seriously a very good tool."
"Polarion Software delivers strong variants management" says Holger Schmiedefeldt, a variant management expert with pure-systems. "With the Polarion Live-Branch(TM) feature you manage variants in an audit-safe way. This is a perfect match with our pure::variants solution suite."
Polarion Selected to Participate in German Research Project "INLIVE"
Polarion Software, along with selected partners has been awarded the "INLIVE" (Integrated Lifecycle and Variants Management) research project by the German Ministry for Education and Research and organized by the German Aerospace Center (Deutsches Zentrum fur Luft-und Raumfahrt). The "INLIVE" research project is dedicated to further developing and extending variants management technology.
About Polarion Software
Polarion Software's success is best described by the hundreds of Global 1000 companies and over one million users who rely daily on its Requirements Management, Quality Assurance and Application Lifecycle Management solutions in their business processes. Polarion Software is a thriving international company with offices across Europe and North America, and a wide ecosystem of partners world-wide. For more information, visit www.polarion.com.
To learn more about Release 2012 visit us here for a webinar, product videos, trial versions and much more: http://www.polarion.com/2012.
Additional Social Media Links
Polarion on Twitter
Polarion on LinkedIn
Polarion on YouTube
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Polarion Software , Germany, Marketwire, , HP, Environmental Technology, Green Technology, Paleontology, Business, Other,