|Page (1) of 1 - 04/10/12||email article||print page|
Plixer Announces Netflow Analytics for Cisco Performance RoutingWebcast: New Network Tools for Ensuring Quality Video Streaming, Virtual Desktop Sessions, and Clear VoIP Calls (April 10, 2012)
SANFORD, ME -- (Marketwire) -- 04/10/12 -- Plixer International, Inc., a leading provider of NetFlow-based network traffic reporting, today announced it has released Scrutinizer support for Cisco Performance Routing (PfR) metrics, developed to help optimize time-sensitive traffic through the network. The unique advantages of exporting PfR metrics for better network management via Flexible NetFlow will be discussed during a joint Cisco Systems/Plixer International webcast titled, "Cisco's Performance Routing and IP SLA with NetFlow," Tuesday, April 17th at 9am, 11am and 4pm EDT.
"We are excited to be one of the first network traffic monitoring companies to support PfR. Its unique exports required our Flexible NetFlow collector to take a new approach to reporting on the data in their templates," said Michael Patterson, Product Manager, Co-Founder, Plixer International, Inc. "Organizations looking to gain insight on the collective performance of WAN links will appreciate the new templates related to MOS, Latency, Jitter and Packet Loss covered in the webcast."
Webcast attendees will gain insight into:
- PfR reporting on active and passive monitors that are both in and out of policy for metrics such as jitter, latency and MOS (Mean Opinion Score).
- Drilling in on PfR metrics and running Cisco Performance Monitoring reports.
- How the Flexible NetFlow (FnF) export of Network-Based Application Recognition (NBAR) accurately identifies applications which could be using the same port (e.g., TCP port 80). NBAR can determine what applications (e.g. Skype, Webex, VoIP, BitTorrent) are running on a network and the bandwidth they are consuming.
- The end-to-end prioritization of traffic into the best traffic class for preferential treatment as it passes through each switch and router along the path.
- The configuration of PfR to ensure that highest priority traffic (e.g. VoIP and Video) uses the best path or route to reach the destination and that lower priority traffic such as searching on Google is rerouted when necessary to free up bandwidth.
Reporting on PfR performance measurements allows organizations to better optimize priority network traffic. The rapid adoption of smartphones and tablets as well as frequent social networking usage continues to effect network traffic exponentially; this webcast will show how network managers can ensure business traffic is prioritized -- over personal data -- to help maintain efficient business operations.
Scrutinizer is a one hundred percent web-based tool that provides detailed network utilization reports showing the applications and users generating network traffic. Leveraging the software's domain utilization report, even sites with secured connections that use encrypted traffic can't hide from the insight provided by NetFlow and IPFIX collection and reporting. Scrutinizer is designed to peer deep into bandwidth traffic and enable the network administrator to easily see who is consuming bandwidth, what they are using it for and -- immediately restore precious bandwidth for work-related needs.
Webcast Details for Tuesday, April 17th:
- 9:00 AM EDT https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/473112977
- 11:00 AM EDT https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/728789545
- 4:00 PM EDT https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/846136929
Download a free trial of Plixer's Scrutinizer for NetFlow traffic analysis or schedule a live demo by calling: (207) 324-8805 or via email at email@example.com. For more NetFlow insight, follow Plixer International on their Blog, Twitter, Facebook or join NetFlow Developments Group on LinkedIn.
About Plixer International, Inc.
Plixer International, Inc. develops and markets network traffic monitoring and analysis tools to the global market. All of the tools are built from the ground up with valuable feature sets and ease of use in mind. Plixer tools have been used to analyze and troubleshoot irregular traffic patterns by IT professionals with some of the largest networks in the world, such as CNN, The Coca-Cola Company, Lockheed Martin, IBM, Regal Cinemas, Raytheon, and Eddie Bauer.
For product and sales information, contact Plixer International, Inc. at 207.324.8805, or visit http://www.plixer.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1934932
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1934937
BridgeView Marketing (for Plixer International, Inc.)
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: NetFlow, , Communications, Web, Smart Phone, Search, Applications, Video, Google, EMail, Sales, Applications, Marketing, Sales & Marketing, Networking, Internet, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Management, IT Professionals, Sales, Sales, Broadcast, Management, Streaming, Business, Marketing, Internet Media, email, streaming, webcast, Marketwire, Inc., , Business, Social Networking, Email,