|Page (1) of 1 - 11/02/11||email article||print page|
Plan Meals on the Go and Never Forget Your Grocery List Again with Launch of ZipLists New iPhone App(November 02, 2011)
Sterling, VA (PRWEB) November 02, 2011
ZipList, Inc. (http://www.ZipList.com), a leader in online and mobile shopping lists and recipe boxes, now has a newly revamped free iPhone app available on iTunes at http://bit.ly/ziplist_iphone. The app automatically syncs with ZipList.com and across more than 40 partner sites, including MarthaStewart.com, Womans Day, $5 Dinners and more so users always have an up-to-date grocery list. All lists, recipes and retailers are automatically synced so users can get the information they need for meal planning and grocery shopping instantaneously.
In addition to the ZipList iPhone app, users of the new iPhone 4S can enlist Siri to add items to their shopping list via text messages with a simple voice command such as, "Tell ZipList to add cheese." Siri can also be used to retrieve shopping lists, remove items and a variety of other ZipList functions. You can learn more about how to use ZipList with Siri at: http://blog.ziplist.com/manage-shopping-list-with-siri.
Users can update their recipe boxes and shopping lists with items they find on websites, products and recipes they manually input, recipes from TV shows, and products from online ads, all because ZipList technology is already embedded with thousands of popular food sites, celebrity cooking television shows and consumer packaged good brands.
ZipLists new mobile app takes the hassle out of meal planning, allowing users to search for recipes while standing in the middle of a grocery aisle, said Geoff Allen, CEO and founder of ZipList. The new personalized recipe search even surfaces customized recipes based on peoples favorite chefs and food blogs, the ingredients they regularly purchase, as well as prep and cook time.
Once recipes are discovered, customers can add the ingredients to their shopping lists, and they are automatically organized by aisle order and shared with others in your household. Designed with an easy in-store experience in mind, people can push their shopping carts and check off items with one hand as they shop.
Additional features include:
- Barcode scanning: scan product UPC codes to add items to your list. ZipList recognizes barcodes for millions of items, making it simple to create a grocery list in minutes.
- Intuitive recommendations: ZipList will separate out common pantry ingredients from the recipe-to-shopping list conversion, so you dont automatically add a pinch of salt or a teaspoon of butter to your shopping list.
- Eliminates backtracking through stores: ZipList automatically categorizes items you add to your list, helping to speed shopping while you are in the store.
- Everyone gets what they want: Ability to create and update shopping lists as well as share fully synchronized lists with family members.
- Universal access: Shared users of your list can use the web, iPhone and Android apps, text messages, email or instant messages to add or delete items, or to retrieve your list.
- Saves time: Ability to set priorities for specific items, so you can choose to shop for important items only during quick shopping trips.
- Large recipe database: 400,000 recipes and one-click transfer of ingredients to your shopping list, plus a Universal Recipe Box to store all your favorites in one place for easy access. Users have access to a robust product database of over 275,000 items with real-time search for quick item entry.
About ZipList, Inc.
ZipList is a market-leading online and mobile shopping list and recipe management service that enables shoppers to create and share grocery lists with family members. Users can arrange their lists by aisle or store, and can save recipes to a central recipe box. ZipList has partner tools, fully-branded white label experiences and SDKs available to enable media, lifestyle, grocery retail and consumer packaged goods properties to incorporate shopping list and recipe box features into their own sites and mobile apps. ZipList features can be found on Womansday.com, MarthaStewart.com, Marthas Everyday Food iPhone app and on over 500 various food blogs and websites. ZipList is on the web at http://www.ZipList.com.
Follow ZipList on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ZipList or become a Facebook Fan at http://www.facebook.com/ZipList. ZipList is also available as a free mobile app for iPhone and Android users. For more on these mobile apps, visit http://www.ZipList.com/apps.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/11/prweb8931874.htm.
Related Keywords:computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, family, family planning, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), plastic art, entertainment award, entertainment (general), arts (general), arts, culture and entertainment, medical procedure/test, medical research, medical staff, medical specialisation, medical service, medical conditions, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general)