|Page (1) of 1 - 07/23/03||email article||print page|
Pixel Farm Announces PFTrack 1.13D match mover adds workflow, functionality improvements
PFTrack is a suite of tools for working with 3D camera data on film and video work of any resolution. The new version gains a variety of camera presets, in addition to user-definable presets. It also extends matte tool functionality with the addition of Booleans and ordering. Other new features include:
- Enhancements to calibration algorithms for additional kinds of shots;
- New distortion correction workflow, offering the ability to export lens distortion data from PFTrack to plugins for major compositing applications;
- Several interface and workflow improvements;
- Additional file format support for Shake, Digital Fusion, Discreet Flame 5.0 and 7.1; IFF support for Maya and Shake; and support for static camera and moving object for Softimage XSI, Maya, Lightwave and 3ds max;
- Distributed processing nodes for tracking and calibration calculations across multiple workstations and compute nodes.
PFTrack will be available Aug. 1 for $4,822 (£2,999) for Mac OS X, Windows, Irix and Linux. Student licenses run $80 (£50). Upgrades for current users are free. PFTrack will also be demonstrated at the Siggraph convention in San Diego beginning next week. For more information, visit http://www.thepixelfarm.co.uk.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Pixel Farm Announces PFTrack 1.1